Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 
TonyMar

Need some help please

Hi, These are pics of Artley. A very nice lady rehomed him to me. She didn't want to transport him on a long move. She admits she got poor advice from the pet store (Psmart). He was in a 1/2 gal "Betta Kit". She says he got fin rot. We have him in a QT. Salt and Rooibas tea. Have ordered IAL am getting them later this week when mailed to me. My concern is the rust color on his Anal Fine (belly fin), his Caudal Fin (tail fin) and the top of his head. His head has me worried, as the brown rust color seems to be on top of his scales. It is a real Rust Color, the pics don't quite show it as rusty as it looks. His Dorsal Fin has a little bit of gray near his body, the ends are clean.
Does this look like Fin Rot? He is eating both thawed bloodworms and Omega Betta pellets. He is active in the QT and is not struggling for air. The QT gets 100% water changes each day to keep it clean. It is de-chlorinated water with zero Am, Nitrates and Nitrites. The advice on the forum is clean water for fin rot. No other issues, no ICK, not cotton fungus, no Velvet, gills look ok.
Hope you can help me keep this little guy going. Thanks for any help. TM
Attached Images

TonyMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

The rusty red/grey color looks like it will come out as a nice red once he has relaxed and warmed up to his home! :)

Looks healthy to me. Just keep an eye on him of course.

For the brown rust color on the scales, shine a light on him to ensure it is nothing like velvet.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #3 
Tikibirds

Clean, warm, water should do him a world of good
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote