Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Exclamation Maracyn 2 treatment.. Water changes? HELP ASAP!

I have my female betta in a 10 gal alone. Long story short she was exposed to other fish that had dropsy, popeye, etc. Although she isnt SHOWING signs, i am still treating her as she was the only one out of the 4 total fish that didn't show signs. I vinegar-ed everything in the tank and all the cleaning supplies. I added all new water, added maracyn 2 and Epsom salt. She has her heater set at 80, I did throw away the filter cartridge and I do not have the fitter running because carbon in the new cartridge could affect her medication.

I could not find anti parasite pellets.

What kind of water changes should I be doing? It says on the maracyn 2 box to add 1 packet every day for 4 more days (day number 1 I added two based on instructions) Being in a big tank alone it won't hurt ammonia level wise to do no change, but I want to ensure that's the right thing to do.

Thanks!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Sorry I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. If anybody could still help though, I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #3 
tanseattle

I did was took my betta out into 1/2 gal container and only use 1/20 of the pkg dose (save money there). I did change water every day for 5 days. But from reading that you may not need to. I guess the antibiotic will be done in 24 hours. I did change water every day. Again I used smaller cup to treat sick fish to save money.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanseattle View Post
I did was took my betta out into 1/2 gal container and only use 1/20 of the pkg dose (save money there). I did change water every day for 5 days. But from reading that you may not need to. I guess the antibiotic will be done in 24 hours. I did change water every day. Again I used smaller cup to treat sick fish to save money.
Yeah true. I kept Teeney in her tank because I didn't have another space for her that could be heated and also she FREAKS out when I put her in a smaller space, spoiled little brat xD

She's been done with treatment for a week now and she is fine! :)