Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #1 
ZackyBear

Unhappy Never Should Have Left You

In remembrance of Chi-chi, Ping, Pong, Lula, Ming-Ming, and Minty. My dearly loved Mickey Mouse Platys who were apart of my original school before I had to find it a new home. I'm sorry I left. I wish I hadn't. I hope you can forgive me for such a horrible ending....

I'm sure my baby, Portal Prime is on his way as well. I went out on vacation last week, and even though I knew my parents are already against my fish-keeping I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would be able to take care of them (especially since they know I love my fishies). It was simple, feed Portal Prime 2 pellets in the morning and evening, and a pinch of flakes for my platys.

Came home to find the divider in my tank gone. Live plants? Gone. Decorations? Sitting near the sink. My platys were either torn up or floating.... my youngest, Chi-chi had been alive but she died this morning after mis-carrying. It would have been her first drop. (and for those who don't know, portal prime does not tolerate tank mates. at all...)

Portal Prime has a severe case of fin rot, to which his dorsal has become a stringy web, and his anal is so clamped he can barely swim. I am so sure it has reached his body by now since he is barely moving, but it's hard to tell with his black scaly body. My parents had changed the water, didn't chlorinate it, didn't vacuum gravel, and changed my filter bag. That means that they not only destroyed my cycle, but they also killed my tomato plants and spinach plants with the ammonia spike with the added dirty water. They claimed that the water had gotten cloudy after feeding them (or should I say OVER-feeding them) and decided to do me a 'favor' by cleaning the tank.

Really cried knowing that my poor babies suffered, and I was looking forward to Chi-chi's first drop of fry. If Portal Prime survives, I won't be getting anymore fish until I can move out. If he doesn't, I'm just going to quit fish-keeping altogether for a while.

I also have to personally apologize to Shainax. I promised to send her microworms for her first spawn, but the package got returned after being short on the postage (.40 fricken cents) and my parents left the box outside of the house until I got back (3 days later). The microworms fried, and the duckweed I had meant to send to her as a surprise didn't make it....I will be sending more worms tomorrow.

This is just another incident where you should really make sure that the person you leave with your fish understands and respects what they mean to you, and are willing to care for them as you would while you're away for whatever reason.

Last edited by ZackyBear; 07-09-2012 at 03:56 PM.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #2 
dukie1346

Oh my, that's terrible! I hope all will be ok <3
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #3 
Aahnay

Oh, sorry to hear about your loss.

Some times people just dont hear what you say. They think they do, but they have already spun past what you said to something else.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

OMG I'm so sorry!

Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. Your parents should have just sucked it up and cared for the fish; they know the fish make you happy and them being cared for does too. R.I.p. Babies

Best of wished for portal prime :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #5 
lelei

Oh no Zacky...that is a terrible shame, I know the feeling that when you have to leave your prize possessions in someone eles's hands, and you can only hope for the best, I sure hope Portal gets better soon..So sorry for your loss~
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #6 
xShainax

RIP babies.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

So sorry for your loss ! So sad to read this I hope your heartache heals soon and that Portal l Prime pulls though !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #8 
Shirleythebetta

This makes me really sad. I feel so lucky now knowing that my dad is in to fish keeping and would take care of my fish for me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I am so sorry for the loss of your fish. I hope Portal Prime will be ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #10 
noellezim

thats terrible! I would be crying non-stop! I'm sorry for your loss...
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote