Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 
Odiemybettafish

Question Please Read(:

My Little Betta, is adorable! Anyway, Does he need a rock for his tank? Also what are some signs that he is sick, or hurt, or hungry, also the people said to feed him every other day is that right? Thanks!
Rachel(Odiemybettafish)
Odiemybettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

You could give it hiding places to make it feel more secure. But, a rock isn't necessary. If a Betta is sick, it would be not active, his fins are clamped, dull colors, doesn't eat, white stringy poo, cottony growths on him, white dots, gold dust, ripped fins, these are the most common symptoms. And yes, you feed your Betta everyday. But you could fast him 1 day a week. It's to prevent your Betta from getting fat/bloated. Can you post pics? I wanna see your Betta! :3
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #3 
Thomasdog

Yes! Let's see pics! :)

Having caves and plants is a great addition, it makes him happier and more fun to watch, darting in and out of plants! :D It also gives him somewhere to hide.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #4 
acadialover

Look on this site at the Betta tank photos. Wonderful ideas and the like.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Enjoy your Betta and some plants would be nice for him and make sure they are not sharp cause they could rip his fins so soft one like silk are best. They love caves and there is something called a Floating Betta Log they love to play and swim though most pet stores have it. You could pet some gravel in the bottom or some marbles they pet stores also has these I like and have the clear flat bottom ones and they are so pretty they look like bubbles in the bottom of my tank on top of the gravel. Good luck and best wishes !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #6 
Odiemybettafish

Thanks Guys! I sure will! And by rock I ment cave hahaha.. I'll get pictures now!
Odiemybettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #7 
lelei

Hello and Welcome to the forum, Can't wait to see your lil guy..caves are great for hiding and playing there is a great selection that you will notice in the tank pix that are posted here, and in Petco/Petsmart and online, such as Amazon.com..I have a Spongebob hideaway cave, that has doors, and windows, that our Sammy loves..it's a popular one too, saw it in a lot of pictures of tanks:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 
Blue Fish

Can't wait to see your pictures! :)

Mine prefer their plants to their caves for the most part (will retreat into caves during water changes when they feel insecure, but they sleep and hang out in their plants during normal times), but they have a selection of both. Betta seem to get bored more often that some other fish, so I'd give him lots of things to swim through and around to keep him active and happy. :)

Good luck to you, and will check back for pictures! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta bowl, betta care tips