Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 
Thomasdog

Thumbs up The Model Horse Thread

Hey all you betta loving/Model horse loving peeps! I decided to make this thread because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Models and am *trying* to make a Model horse series. (Conquering Tide by CinnamonMewMew from YouTube inspried me, go check it out it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E) Anywayssss...
I made this thread so you could all show off all your pretty ponies and trade and such. I really can't make ANYTHING but crazy stories and plots that usually involve my girl with the loose arm getting her arm thrown off in crazy ways... (LOL sorry) I have had Breyers since I was young and most of mine are kinda beat up so I have never shown, and don't plan on it, but perhaps we could make an online model show in the future? Maybe?? Wadda you think???!

So basially use this thread for:
-Chatting about Model Horses
-Selling, searching, or trading tack, horses, accessories, paint jobs, books, ect. (I am NOT NOT NOT responsible in any way, shape, or form for these transactions, use your common sense and stay smart!)
-Sharing Photos
-Sharing stories or videos
-and anything else you can think of! :)

RULES:

-No cussing
-Please don't tell anyone their tack/horses/photo/story/movie/anything else is awful/bad/stupid/dumb/ugly. BE NICE
-Use common sense and don't come crying to me if you get ripped off. It's not my fault. Bummer. :/
-Only post appropriate things. If you would not want a 5 year old to see it, don't post it!!! We will report you to a mod!

Sorry for all the rules and general grouchy-ness, I just don't want this forum to becomce a 'he said, she said' kinda thing!

So... ENJOY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

PS - If anyone sells cheap tack and halters, please PM me or post here! I may also be in the market for someone to custom paint 1-2 of my models.

Thanks!!!

Rock on and Peace out!!!

Thomasdog
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #2 
magnum

Ohhh this sounds intersting ;) Ive had Breyers for years now, and I've always wanted to make my own ! I think out of my collection I have Arab mare and foal, Phar Lap, a Grullo and some others I can't remeber without going through my cupboard! BTW, a great Breyer parody on YouTube Is by Twisted Stables! It's super funny. I just can't remember it's name....
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #3 
registereduser

I used to be heavy into models about 40 years ago, the hobby sure has evolved since the internet. I hope you kids post some photos of your horses!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #4 
Thomasdog

Of course Register! I have some amazing shots of my fav boy. I found this site that sells SUPER SUPER SUPER cheap new Breyers. I'll post it when I get home. If I recall, it's called he model trading post. Not for sure thought...
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #5 
registereduser

Back in the day we used to have to take pictures of the horses and send them in to shows and there was just one newsletter that I knew of. I was stuck with a cheap instamatic camera so I hardly ever won anything but it sure was fun for a horse crazy kid like I was.

I even remember boiling my Breyers in order to soften the limbs to change their postions Oh! and I used to add real manes and tails

good times, good times......
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #6 
Thomasdog

:)
Sound like a TON of fun! What ever happed to your beauties?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #7 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
:)
Sound like a TON of fun! What ever happed to your beauties?
I sold them all at a yard sale, along with my ceramic doggie collection, when I was in my 30's, I wish I had kept a few but I moved so often after that, I had to scale down.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #8 
magnum

Ohhh remodelling them sounds fun :3 I do remember though painting and adding real mane to a breyer, but i sold it to my cousin :L
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #9 
Tikibirds

I have a few Breyer horses but I am more of a My Little Pony collector. I have close to 1,000 of them from around the world. Sometimes I customize them too but I haven't made one in over a year

Quote:
I moved so often after that, I had to scale down.
I have been hauling BOXES of ponies around the country for the past 10 years. Its a bit...annoying

Has anyone ever gone to breyerfest?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 07-10-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #10 
magnum

Quote:
but I am more of a My Little Pony collector.
Wow,that sounds like me... I never had specially customised types, but I had at least three boxes of My Little Ponies with all they playset stuff.