Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #11 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Go for walks. If you're crampy, take a cramp-specific painkiller like ibuprufin and go for a walk somewhere nice. Walking clears the head and the exercise helps produce happier hormones.

Try to get as much sun as possible. It's really tempting to stay indoors and hide, lol, but sunshine really makes a difference!

Use herbal teas like passionfruit to produce a sense of calm.

Do something creative! Use that energy for something else than angsting. Draw, paint, get some hobby clay.. I used to crotchet and even weave bead belts on a loom, fiddly things kept my mind busy..

Avoid people you just know are going to aggravate you. If you can't possibly do that, drink more passionfruit tea and count to ten while taking deep breath, before you speak.

And there's nothing really wrong with tears. Get a huge box of Kleenex and hire Sam I Am or the like, and let yourself have a good cry.
JEEPERS CATS!!!
Whenever I take Advil it works wonderfully but it usually takes around 1/2 hour to work. And if I walk while I'm in the red sea it just makes me feel worse. I force myself to walk or bike because I know sitting around being lazy, moping and scarfing down chocolate isn't healthy. But even still I have that miserable, slow feeling when I exercise. It's like I'm a mammoth reawoken after 4 million years and it takes 2 weeks for me to feel normal again. Honestly, the pain and everything starts like week before the actual event starts ;___;
Just thinking about it makes me nauseous!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #12 
xShainax

Ugh, I don't get it until next week but I am feeling horrible this week
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

I had a out of nowhere cry that my in-laws made fun of me for. My mother-in-law is the manager of the land I live on and a guy that lived on this land came to me and yelled at me because the water was turned off. He yelled at me because we had to do maintanence on the line. I wasn't doing it I am definatly not a plumber and I caught the crap. I didn't cry in front of the guy but I cryed when my husband came home and I told him and he opened his big mouth and told everyone then went off on the guy.

Point is I have either an anger blow up or an emotional cry about nothing and everything at least once a month around that time and sometimes in between. really stinks.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't cry as much as I used to since going on Zoloft.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

Hahaha. I take a shot every three months that eliminates any "monthly" problems.

I am also on Zoloft but I feel like it doesn't stop me from being a cry-baby.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #16 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Hahaha. I take a shot every three months that eliminates any "monthly" problems.

I am also on Zoloft but I feel like it doesn't stop me from being a cry-baby.
I BALLOONED on the shot. I take pills now
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #17 
TheCrabbyTabby

I have something that eliminates that annoying monthly visitor. I love it! Its like the shot but lasts longer.

Also, Ibuprofen makes you bleed heavier. Just an FYI.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #18 
xShainax

I don't take ibprofen. I usually take caffeine pills
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #19 
Purple

I wish my mother would let me tank something, ANYTHING. All I have is expired Tylenol. -.-

"Caffeine pills give you heart attacks!" "Birth control will make your uterus tilt!" "Pamprin makes you sleep too much!" "That pill will make you crazy!" "That shot will make you die!" says the one who drugs herself up every time she has a headache...

I'm usually for natural things, and I rarely take medicine, but when it comes to that time of month, I don't care. :P
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm really emotional, at times.. I cried during The Princess and the Frog.. Pretty much anything Disney makes me cry. Tv makes me cry. My dad yells a lot and I cry. I don't know if there's a cure for it. :s
Funny thing is... On tv on some vet show I cry when they had to put a dog to sleep, by in RL at work I'm totally calm about it.. Makes me feel bad. :/

I do have SAD depression so like Aus said, being in the sun makes a huge difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote