Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

Silly loach!

Random little story I want to share. oOo
I have a small shoal of Yoyo loaches in one of my 30 gallon tanks, and one of the little cuties nearly gave me a heart attack today. I couldn't find him anywhere (it's easy to know when this one's missing, since he's the smallest) and so I nearly uprooted the whole tank trying to find him. I kept having some lingering suspicion that he had got caught in the filter somehow, so after rearranging the decor in my tank when I couldn't find him I opened the lid and looked.
He was swimming around the filter cartridge trying to get to a small piece of algae pellet that had got sucked in there.
I poured him out immediately, and he seems okay. I'm just baffled as to how he got in there (he's too big to have fit into the intake), and of course freaked out because loach in filter. XD
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #2 
Aurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGalaxyXx View Post
Random little story I want to share. oOo
I have a small shoal of Yoyo loaches in one of my 30 gallon tanks, and one of the little cuties nearly gave me a heart attack today. I couldn't find him anywhere (it's easy to know when this one's missing, since he's the smallest) and so I nearly uprooted the whole tank trying to find him. I kept having some lingering suspicion that he had got caught in the filter somehow, so after rearranging the decor in my tank when I couldn't find him I opened the lid and looked.
He was swimming around the filter cartridge trying to get to a small piece of algae pellet that had got sucked in there.
I poured him out immediately, and he seems okay. I'm just baffled as to how he got in there (he's too big to have fit into the intake), and of course freaked out because loach in filter. XD

LOL.. I changed my HOB filter to a sponge yesterday and I dumped out the water into the tank and I went from 4-10 baby fish to 25 LOL..
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote