Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 
MollyJean

There should be mermaids here

Alright so I have been obsessed with fish FOREVER and draw them a lot, and mermaids, and take lots of pictures, and now I have a billion bettas and am about to start breeding them, so I figured this is as good a time as any. This place is without shape, form, flow or reason!

The pretty girl at the top is Rya. She'll show up a lot. She hates clothes. She loves peanutbutter. Go figure. Rya has been around since I was 10 or so.. so over 20 years! I draw her a LOT.. just.. most of the time she's naked.. but I'll make sure she keeps covered up, here!

This is Lunch! I miss you, Lunch.. you came in fighting and went out fighting like a champ.

I lost him in a fire a couple of years ago.. but while I had him he was loved.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Hehe Lunch is a cute name :3 I'm surprised I have not met a betta named Sushi My mom wanted me to name my second betta that
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #3 
MollyJean

Too cliche! Lunch was named because my cat, Kyra (whom we also lost in the fire) wanted to eat him.

Speaking of Kyra.. she was one of the sweetiest cats ever!

She was a ham. Loved having her picture taken.

Speaking of cats...

Tiny Miko kitten mew mew.

They're all sleeping right now. One is in a box, it's cute.

OH! Speaking of boxes, I got my Indian Almond Leaf order today! nice big bag of them, too! My husband calls them the "Bow chicka bow wow" for the fish. Hehehe... So I can start conditioning my first pair for breeding. Not sure who I want to try first... so many choices.. It's just a practice run, just to get the feel of it before I get a good breeding pair and really try. I should put all of my fish up here, all the boys and all the girls!

Wow, I'm random today.. awesome. Oh, random picture time!

:)
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Awww :3 sorry you lost her in the fire! D:
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #5 
MollyJean

Thank you Sena. She is very missed.. sometimes our kitten, Miko, will do something cute and me and my brother will both be reminded of Kyra.. but I would rather remember then forget her.

I got 4 boys from Moonshadow. Unfortunately one died, the white one.. he arived with Ich and was very stressed.. I wish I could have saved him but he seemed fine when I went to bed, when I got up he was gone.. poor baby. He's in the garden now, in the sunlight, where he was very happy for a few hours, and has a piece of driftwood behind him in case he wants to rest.. I know, I'm sappy.. I hate loosing fish. He's only the second betta I've lost and it's never easy.

We named the white one Spectre. RIP sweet ghost fishy.

------------------
I got 3 other boys from MoonShadow, and have yet to give them real names, but I've been tossing a few things around.

This first one is a multi colored double tail. He's got red and blue on him, and some cream coloring on his head. Very pretty fish, and active, I love him!

I think I want to name him Jack.. or Poseidon... I'm not sure. :( He'll have more of a personality when he goes in his section of the divided tank.

Last edited by MollyJean; 06-27-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #6 
MollyJean

This one I want to name Robin. His tail is still damaged and though he is healing more every day, I doubt he'll never bee a halfmoon again. It's fine, he has great fins otherwise and is very active and happy. I might even breed him, but not sure yet.

Very majestic fish. I'll find a good name for him!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #7 
MollyJean

This little guy doesn't like having his picture taken. He's shy and a bit of a scardy cat, but he's coming out of his shell. Slowly. I'm not sure what I want to name him, but Kame seems fitting.

I paired him up with Corrin (Who is HUGE) to get him to spread his fins. They're so pretty. Almost all of the points on his tail are back and he's at about 95%. I can't wait to get him in his new tank!

Last edited by MollyJean; 06-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #8 
MollyJean

I guess Corrin should get a few beauty shots in.. He's damaged.. he had a run-in with the floor and lost :( He's a black and copper halfmoon I got on E Bay about 3 months ago.

He just got a total tank overhaul, a lot more natural then it used to be, and a great big almond leaf in there just for him. Crossing my fingers that his tail starts healing up now.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Awwww - darn floors! They are all very pretty :3
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #10 
MollyJean

So I had a few realizations.. I mean more then a few.. o.o wow, been thinking a lot today!

Number one; I shouldn't get any more bettas. No more adopting MoonShadows boys, and no more begging my hubby for more girls for the sorority.. I have to stop because I am seriously going to try breeding, and that means I'm going to have a LOT of new betta fishies to take care of. I'll have more then enough females to fill my sorority soon enough, right? Alright, so it's settled, I will not buy, adopt or rescue any betta.... unless it's something REALLY special (>.>). Or disabled. No, no special, because they're ALL special, but I will take disabled bettas because I think I have a little experience at handling disabled fish and love gaining new experience through their care. Like with Tidbit.. I have learned that, as long as the swim bladder is in tact, being without a tail isn't life threatening, so if I happen to come across this defect, or something like it, in my spawns, I know that the fish don't always have to be culled, just placed in my private tanks and not sold. Right? RIGHT!

Number two: I can't talk normal on Facebook.... *sigh* I can't talk about family stuff, I can't talk about fish too much, and my hubby hates me posting pictures there. Blah.. but I can talk here.. mostly about fishies! So realization number 2 is that I like Bettafish.com more then Facebook.. dude.. and I used to be a FB addict!!!

Number three: I like girl fish more then boy fish.. o.o... Scandalous...

Number four: I like green water. Amber water.. Dirty water! I like it when my sorority, which is decorated as close to river bottom as I was willing to get, turns dark amber because of the driftwood.. and it's even more amber now because of the IALs I put in today. And I love it! My hubby hates it :(

Number four: This is the big one.. and this one I might get some crap for.................. I really want to breed Tidbit.. Gosh I feel like a horrible person even thinking this, but I do. She is by far my favorite betta right now. I mean out of all of them. She is so sweet, so cute when she moves, has no problems maneuvering.. I think of a defect as something that hinders, but her missing tail actually makes things easier on her. She can move in ways none of my other bettas can, has no problem defending herself and has no health problems.. yet. So I am weighing the pro's and con's and can't come up with enough con's except for it's wrong. :( I can't come to terms with it on a moral level, even though I can on a scientific level.. it's so frustrating.

Alright, anyway... random picture time I guess?

(This is Gizmo, she is counting pro's and con's for me.)

Last edited by MollyJean; 06-27-2012 at 08:45 PM.