Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #1 
princessgata

Unhappy betta got stuck in house now huge cut

hi three days ago i went up to my room and foun my betta stuck in a small hole at the top of his house ornament .i tried to pull him out but that didnt work so finnaly i had to break ornament open .when i put him back in his tank he was having issues swimming and had huge cut right on his back behind his head .i took him out and put him in a 0.8 tank i keep for emergency with a little melafix and aquarium salt .later that night i felt bad for him because he kept looking at me like get me out .plus this tank cant fit a heater so i put him back in his 2.68 gallon tank .he no longer had issuese swimming i added melafix and salt .he was swimming but not very active like usaul .yesterday i did 100 percent water change and again added melafix and salt last night i notice he was a little more actice .my question is what else can i do .and what are his chances of surving .forgot he hasnt wanted to eat his pellets i fed him couple tropical flake and he ate a lil.
princessgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #2 
Blue Fish

I don't think I'd continue using the melafix...I know that some of those products can damage their breathing due to some of the ingredients, and it can be hard on them. :(
AQ salt is good (will help to prevent infection), just make sure you don't use it more than 10 days, and I'd add some stress coat to help prevent infection and increase his slime coat/healing. :)
Oh, and keep his water *really* clean. That'll help most of all. :)

Good luck to you, and I'm so glad you were able to rescue him from his ornament! ;) Poor guy...bet he won't do that again. ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #3 
princessgata

ok ill switch to stress coat .i just fed him and he actually ate like normal even met me at front of tank . im not gonna give him a chance to do it again from now on all his ornament will have to have huge holes . i promised him if he survis i will be buying him a new one and it looks like i have to go shopping. thanks for ur advice me and skyler both thank u
princessgata is offline   Reply With Quote