Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #1 
TuckerLove

Major Update! 13 Bettas/Rescue/New Tanks!

Well, I get paid tomorrow, but Friday I decided I couldn’t wait so I wrote a check, lol. I got (3) 5.5gal tanks, 3 heaters, mesh and terra cotta pots. Also got some plants. I never realized how bare 5.5gal tanks look without much in them. Oh well, that will have to wait till next month. J Anyways, also Sahal and Loki, 2 of the 3 in a divided tank started tail biting. So my parents are buying me 1 more 5.5gal tank, so Loki will be moving out and hopefully Sahal will ignore the other one. So 2 will have a 10 gal divided instead of 3. The other 10gal divided is doing wonderfully. They really don’t seem to care about each other. Also, tomorrow or Tuesday I will be getting a stand to put in my “betta room” which is just another word for my empty not in use closet J Contegia, my rescued Betta with no tail, is doing wonderfully.
Vala, White VT. She is in a 3gal tank. I don’t think she could go into anything smaller because she is so freakin active, lol.

Her 3 gal tank

Ra, DT, I saw one that looked Identical to him on Aquabid and they called him a Calico color, so I call him a calico color. I know that isn’t a real color but hey :p

His 5.5gal home

Teal’c, Multicolor DT. He is a very shy, reserve Betta. Have yet to see him flare. He was in the 3 gal tank the girl is in, and didn’t seem to like it.

His 5.5gal home

Bra’tac, Pink Dalmatian VT. He is always flaring and I think is in a love triangle with his new heater and thermometer. He was in a heated 2.5gal, so he really hasn’t explored much yet.
Pic from last week

New pics

His 5.5gal home

Gilbert, Purple VT. He wasn’t being kind and would not stay still. Usually I can get good pictures of him, but with 20 pics none turned out, so here is an old pic from last week, and a new pic of his home.

His 3 gal home

Sherbert, Orange VT. He became a tail bitter in the 10gal tank, so he was moved. He is now in a 4 gal tank in which I am in anger management with. The tank really ticks me off..lol. Please excuse how dirty the tank looks, the outside was dirty and the rocks just suck. I am never buying these color rocks again. Bright side, he has clear fin regrowth!

4gal home

On to 1 of the 10gal divided
Eddy- Grey/brown/blue tinged CT. No clue what his color is called. He is very calm for a CT.

Heres an older pic

Loki, Marble DTHM. He will be moving into his own 5.5gal either tomorrow or Tuesday. He is very polite and knows where to go for his food. I decided to move Loki, because he is very active compared to the other 2.

Sahal, Butterfly VT. He is tail biting as well, Im hoping once I move Loki out and put a darker color mesh for the divider and place all the plants along the divider he will stop.

Their divided tank:
Eddy—Loki—Sahal

The 2nd divided tank:
Franklin, Cambodian CT. He is amazing, the one that got me hooked. Everything is his fault :p

Ronan, Blue VT. He is insane! He is a bitter of people. He bit me once when I was syphoning the gravel and now if you put your hand anywhere near him he will jump and try to eat you. If you know where he got his name, then you may understand..lol.

Bash, Multicolor CT. Very small and calm. He wouldn’t stay calm, so this is the only decent pic.

Their tank
Franklin—Ronan—Bash

Lastly, is Contegia! He is a blue VT. Im actually guess a VT since He doesn’t have a tail. Anyways, he is doing great. He is now in a heated 2.5gal.

His 2.5gal home

I hope this works..lol. This is the 5th time I have typed this and all other times my computer kept freezing ><
TuckerLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

This is a terrific post :) Thank you for sharing with us! It is always fun to see pictures of peoples tanks and setups. Your one VT Sahal is so beautiful. I love the black masked faced. I recently have been seeing a lot more beautiful VT's lately. I was tempted to get one I saw at Petco but had to hold myself back :( Not an easy thing to do lol.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

WOW. So many pretty bettas!

Be sure to cover the hole on the bottom of the terra cotta pots.. Bettas are known to try swimming into the hole, often resulting in injury & death. i just cut a piece of aquarium foam and shoved it in there :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 
TuckerLove

Thanks Guys :)
" I saw at Petco but had to hold myself back :( Not an easy thing to do lol. "
I know the feeling, lol, thats how I ended up with so many. But for sure now, I need to stop. :)

Yea Teeney, the pots are covered with mesh and aquarium glue, I have 4 waiting to be glued together but procrastination sucks. They must get done Monday, so then Wednesday I can put them in. :)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #5 
KevinPham123

Multicolour Delta looks awsome!

All spoilt fish! haha
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Wow, amazing set ups and fish! I wish I could have more, but I just added a fourth betta since I started a month ago. Hubby is going to faint if I get any more right now! I'm so happy for you and your lucky fish!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #7 
Eduka

Beautiful fish! I have a little recovering boy that looks just like Franklin :) His colors aren't as vibrant, though lol And I love Sahals colors, as well...they're all gorgeous!
Eduka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #8 
TuckerLove

I fail, payday is tomorrow. Apparently I will have to buy Loki his tank. Anyways, thanks. These guys are totally spoiled.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #9 
kellyyoungmoney

gorgeous! i have the heater in Ra and Bra'tac's tank!
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #10 
TuckerLove

I have 5 of those heaters, and I love them!

I was going to in the future divide the 5.5gal tanks, but have decided against it. I just need to think of themes to do their tanks.