Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Angry Moths in purina one food!

Well I have done lots of pet food research over the past few Years. I used to feed my cats PURINA cat chow, then upgraded to PURINA one. Even though PURINA one still is a bad food, it was a temporary upgrade. I decided I'd buy blue buffalo right after finishing this bag.

So the other day I saw a moth in it and I was like WTF that's weird. And I've noticed a bunch of cacoons AND I EVEN FOUND A WORM They had to be in there before I bought it because I roll the bag up and clip it, and put the bag in an air tight pet storage container.

Has anyone else had this problem? I googled and seen others had this with their purina ONE cat and dog food. I ran to petco and picked up the blue buffalo today because I am not feeding my cats moths, cacoons and worms!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #2 
xShainax

*Gags*
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Well, it's about Bird Food, but it's relevant. You see, when you buy a Bird Mix you know with seeds and stuff, you have to put it in the Freezer overnight. There are these things called Seed Moths in the Mix and the Freezer kills them all.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 
Pearl2011

Did you e-mail Purina? I love moths (and bugs in general), but in your cats food, not so much.
We feed our cat Whiskas. So far, so good
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #5 
thekinetic

Well I woukldn't worry too much about because while they are gross they are nothing but protein anyway. But yeah I'd contact their corperate office and demand a refund or threaten them with the Better Buisness Bureau (which for purina would spell really bad publicity).
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #6 
Catfish Billy

Eww! That's pretty horrible!
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Well I woukldn't worry too much about because while they are gross they are nothing but protein anyway. But yeah I'd contact their corperate office and demand a refund or threaten them with the Better Buisness Bureau (which for purina would spell really bad publicity).
True, but I'd rather not feed it to my cats xD Heck the moths probably have more protein than the food xD I mean, it's sold at walmart, any food sold at walmart is junk.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #8 
Leeniex

Dear lord I am terrified of moths and if they were in my cat food I would be scarred for life.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #9 
Silverfang

Gross

not that the felines would mine... I've seen cats chow down on bugs before. Heck I see a spider on my floor I toss my cat at it. Not that she is too happy...
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #10 
Laki

Take pictures of it. That is something needs to be reported. Not only is Purina bottom of the barrel in terms of food quality, but thousands of people still buy it and feed it to their cats!
Keep an eye on your cat(s) if you just switched their food without gradual introduction. My cat Ollie got really sick when we switched him from those garbage corn filled brands to something higher quality.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote