Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #1 
lillyandquigly

Talking betta friendly decor

I would like it if maybe people could post some pictures of betta friendly decor(stuff that won't damage their fins). Also if you can't post pictures just say what it is or something.
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #2 
staffylover

I have round pebbles, lots of live plants and a cave for one of my boys. I have just added a floating moss ball to each tank which is weighted down at the side of their tanks
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #3 
lillyandquigly

ok thanks, but sadly I don't think Fhil will be able to enjoy something like that:(, I posted about it in the emergencys section and am waiting for reply, he just started swimming on his side he has been lethargic and I'm thinking he might be dieing:(
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #4 
RainbowSocks

Here is my tank...

Both of the decorations I got from Petsmart. For the cave on the right, I liked it because the inside of the decoration was smooth. Oftentimes the inside of the openings have jagged edges that can cut your betta's fins. The dangling shapes is actually a bird toy that I took the metal off of and rinsed in warm water. I switch it out with some diving toys every once in a while. You can also use dishwasher-safe coffee mugs or mason jars that have been rinsed well in warm water.

Edit: Also, the plastic plant on the left is a popular plant for bettas--they can swim through it/rest on it. I've caught Iv in it a few times. :)

Last edited by RainbowSocks; 07-10-2012 at 06:07 PM.
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #5 
lillyandquigly

ok thanks nice tank btw
Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #6 
RainbowSocks

^^ Thankees. Hopefully we get some more ideas, too! *prodprod*
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #7 
sparkyjoe

Personally, I found items I liked that didn't have too many jagged edges, spikes, or small spaces that might trap a betta. I then took a fingernail file to any sharp edges and points. I also used aquarium sealant to daub into small holes and on spikes that I couldn't reach to file. After letting the sealant dry for several days it was ready to go in the tank.

I only have one long finned boy, but he's adventurous and loves to explore every nook in his 5 gallon tank. Thankfully he's only had one small split in his tail that healed up quickly so I'm hopeful my efforts were successful.
Posted via Mobile Device
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 
lillyandquigly

neat, but sadly, most of these ideas are going to end up being for when my girl gets Fhil's tank, he's dieing. He was swimming on his side yesterday and now its just a waiting game:(
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #9 
lelei

@Lily~ did you PM OFL..Old fish Lady..she is the expert on the forum for sicknesses and diseases..she can give you the best advice..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

Yeah I've got some experts walking me through this but he probably is going to be a goner so I'm just making him as comfortable as I can