Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

I guess I'm going with all versa tops

I have a mesh divided tank and a standard light hood. I am going to have to change over to a glass flip top hood with a strip light. One of my males jumped the divider and got beat up pretty badly. Upon further investigation of the setup there is just no way to raise the divider high enough to completely stop this from happening again. If anybody is on the fence about buying a full hood or a verse top with strip light...go with the versa top.

Wal-Mart sells a hood that has glass over the light portion but I looked at that too and there is still room to get over the divider where the flip open part is.

I guess I'll buy another 10g tank and put a small sorority in that to make use of the hood.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #2 
Aurie

I bought a versa top for my community and my males have my old top. I LOVE them .. I cut off about 3 inches of the back area for the HOB filter and it was about 1/4th inch too much but i slid it down and had just enough room for air line tubing on the right hand side..

I take mine out back and give it a spray with the hose to get extra food off.. getting old food off the standard hood was a PAIN and sometimes it'd mold then it was a scrub down without getting the light wet, which always happened
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

That's why Thekoimaiden and I, and a few others here, use a double divider with the heater and filter between the dividers.

Jump that! Betta punk!

I like shrink wrap to keep the warm, moist air in. So I use desk lamps with 6500K screw-ins.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #4 
titolatino1970

hallyx id like to see that picture
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #5 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It's on a "show me your divided tank" thread. I'll see if I can find it.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote