Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #11 
Aus

Hallyx, we really need to go pet store shopping together some time.. We could make the evening news.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #12 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Hallyx, we really need to go pet store shopping together some time.. We could make the evening news.
LOL Aus..when I asked my hubby why he dragged me out of there he said, "Because we don't have bail money" lol..he's a smart man.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

hahaha so it wasn't money for the fish, it was for the bail - that makes sense now.

Actually I do like going in acting like the naive person who'll stick my betta with my goldfish with no heater in a 10 gallon >.> Just to see what they really know.

Luckily the guy at Big AL's knew his bettas lol.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #14 
CharStarr

I find a lot of the pet stores here in Canada as well treat bettas like a decoration rather than a living breathing fish. I remember being in grade 6 and the science teacher brought a betta in to show us and she had it in this ridiculous little glass tube and you could tell he was NOT happy being in there. People are so ignorant, good on you for putting that cashier in her place!!
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #15 
Bettanewbie60

I have to LOL...I just found out they are hiring at this PSP...I may have to get a job there, and tell them I want to be in charge of the bettas, AND educating the other employees on betta care. Hmmmmmm
Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #16 
Hallyx
Reference Team

You wouldn't last long, You couldn't stand the customers checking out with a Betta and a 1/2 gal bowl and no heater. I know I couldn't
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #17 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
You wouldn't last long, You couldn't stand the customers checking out with a Betta and a 1/2 gal bowl and no heater. I know I couldn't
You are absolutely correct there! They would hate me for sure. I was at Petsmart the other day and talked a mother out of buying a betta for her son who I saw holding a half gallon container. I explained to the mom how much goes into properly caring for a betta, and she made him put it back...sales girl gave me a look that could kill lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #18 
ravenwinds

Good for you! I did almost the exact same thing at our Petco. And another time, I rolled up on a family where wife was holding a betta cup and they were looking at that display of cubes about same size as the cup. I asked very politely "you weren't going to buy one of those cubes for your betta, were you,"...and then ruined it by saying " because bettas should really have at least 2.5g to live in permanently,"...and just as I was sucking wind to continue rant that any thought of those cubes always seem to engender, the lady and her husband, give me the handle with care look, said, "oh no, this one is for my 10g at home. We know about bettas." Then it was all "come on kids, we're late" not thinking I saw teenage daughter with a betta cup and the one-up from the cube.
The betta cups have message clearly stating that it is unacceptable for permanent home and has Petco logo...but they sell the cube which holds, what maybe one more ounce than the cup they come in! Makes me so mad!!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote