Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #1 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Exclamation I think my betta might be bacteria'd!

ok, so one day I was just playing with my betta (King Dedede, he's my avatar pic and my only betta) when I shone a light on him and found holes on him, but no baterial bugs, when I stopped shining the light, I still saw the holes, but when I tried it on the other side, there werent any holes. So I think my betta was "bacteria'd" (like external parasites or something...) does anyone know the problem/cure? I couldnt get a pic because I dont have a laptop to put my sd card in...

Last edited by Little Leaf; 07-07-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I made a mistake...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #2 
Kenny G

Not sure what caused the problem but do a water change. I would say about 65-70 %. Try to keep the water temps between 80 - 82 degrees. You could treat with BettaZing or BettaRevive..
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #3 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Thumbs up ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Not sure what caused the problem but do a water change. I would say about 65-70 %. Try to keep the water temps between 80 - 82 degrees. You could treat with BettaZing or BettaRevive..
hmm... I'll try that and see if it works, but I cant get a real tank and the stuff for it because my parents say they don't have enough money... I'll try to get the medicine and tank and stuff... and thanks for the help, I'll try to go to petsmart either tomorrow or today...
Old 07-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #4 
Pataflafla

What are you keeping him since you don't have a tank, and about how much water does it hold? are you keeping that water between 76-80?

Try doing a 100% change now, and another in 2-3 days (Depending on how much water he's in. Do this for a full week to see if that help him out any.

A good picture of his issue would greatly help in diagnosing his illness if any.

For cheap external treatment, I would go with aquarium salt for now and epsom salt for internal issues. don't start treating with those until you know which issue your betta is experiencing and never mix the two.

But please do try to get a good picture of his issue as well as his container info.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #5 
Aus

It will really help if you'd fill out the questions here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

And a clear picture would help, too. If you can't get one, try to describe what the problem is, exactly, and where, as clearly as you possibly can.

Don't add -anything- to his tank until people have a chance to work out what his issue is. Medicating for the wrong thing not only doesn't work, it adds stress to your fish. Not to mention wasting money, when it could be spent on things to actually help him.

Last edited by Aus; 07-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #6 
Little Leaf

Unhappy srry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
It will really help if you'd fill out the questions here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

And a clear picture would help, too. If you can't get one, try to describe what the problem is, exactly, and where, as clearly as you possibly can.

Don't add -anything- to his tank until people have a chance to work out what his issue is. Medicating for the wrong thing not only doesn't work, it adds stress to your fish. Not to mention wasting money, when it could be spent on things to actually help him.
sorry, I keep forgetting to put in the question... and I forgot to add in that the holes (I may have forgot about the holes adding in thread thing) are near his gills. they seem to be gone now, tho (I have to close this thread... and I can't )

Tags
help!!!