Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #1 
tamikakes

Fell in love with a betta today!

Today I was at my local Pet Supply Plus and out of about 30 betta's, 1/2 were dragonscale CT and VT's. Marveling at each individual beauty but one really caught my attention. The only way I can describe his color is silver or steel. but as he moves, all you see is blue, purple and pink. I tried to get a pic of his natural color, but you see all the dragon scale colors.

Sadly, my 10gal is not even started to be cycled yet, and till I know what my juvanile betta is sex wise, I'm not getting another Male. (sad panda)

so here he is. Would his color be a silver dragonscale?

Name:  silverbetta1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  silverbetta.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  22.9 KB
tamikakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #2 
Hopeseeker

He's so handsome!!!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #3 
tamikakes

Tho I didn't bring him home, I already named him Steel! lol.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #4 
MSG

If you didn't bring him home....

Don't you run the risk that he'll be gone next time? I know @ my LFS the really nice bettas are gone FAST, within hours but definitely at the end of the day.

I'm assuming most bettas they sell to customers are usually kept in those tiny Aqueon Betta Bowl Aquarium Kit with the divider or smaller containers.

I like to keep them in 2.5gallon glass tanks during the quarantine/cycling period.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #5 
tamikakes

unfortunitly, I am kind of inbetween jobs at the moment so I am BROKE. (I am helping a friend out with their bussiness, making $240/week. It's something but barely enough to pay my bills. my first paycheck was enough for one backed up bill and this next one on Friday is enough for all my other bills. SOOOO even him being $5, I don't have the money for even a large critter keeper for temp housing.

Also the reason I haven't started to cycle my 10gal. Need to get the master water test kit.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #6 
LittleWatty

That's a shame, but I know how you feel. I would love to get another betta, but I need to wait for a few more paychecks before I even consider it. If he were anywhere near me, I'd snatch him up for you and keep him in my extra 3 gallon until you could take him yourself. I would LOVE to see what his colors would come in like after getting into better conditions
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #7 
tamikakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post
That's a shame, but I know how you feel. I would love to get another betta, but I need to wait for a few more paychecks before I even consider it. If he were anywhere near me, I'd snatch him up for you and keep him in my extra 3 gallon until you could take him yourself. I would LOVE to see what his colors would come in like after getting into better conditions
Aww, you're sweet!
I would like to see his "true colors" but at the same time, I LOVE the metalic grey he's sporting.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #8 
RandyTheBettaFish

He's really amazing!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #9 
LittleWatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamikakes View Post
Aww, you're sweet!
I would like to see his "true colors" but at the same time, I LOVE the metalic grey he's sporting.
Well, at least someone thinks so! XD I just know what its like to really want a fish, but not be able to afford it. Anytime I walk into Petco, Petsmart, or Walmart I go through it. But, ah well. Can't save them all, even the gorgeous ones.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #10 
a123andpoof

He is really pretty, but I bet those blues and reds will start coming through once he is adjusted and in the 10g.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote