Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #41 
MSG

Bueroza

Don't even worry about, no apologies required.

I still appreciate your responses even if it's slightly off topic. It's nice when the people who reply actually know what they're talking about.

There's nothing worse than taking advice from a forum and finding out it's wrong after you've killed something because of bad advice.

I'm still sort of new to bettas. Wasted enough time talking to the store employees who aren't that knowledgeable about bettas in general. .

The one I think resembles a blue/red/black angelfish I'll call her Bueroza = steel devil.

I think it comes from D&D, I don't play it, but I think it fits.

About the plant nibbling/chewing, I think it's out of sheer boredom. The betta that's doing it is the little reddish one with blue eyes & she's still really picky & plays around with the food before eating it.

That will change soon once I introduce them to their official tank.

MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #42 
ravenwinds

Wow!! She is absolutely gorgeous! Your photos are wonderful, better than what I've done with mine...I really need to get them out in sunlight since it makes so much difference.

Oh, I got this Petco fish, supposed to have been a female VT, pretty colorless but had some great blue iridescence. She kept getting more and more color, and all her fins kept getting longer and more colorful. But, she had the "egg spot" so I put her in with one of my males....then I wondered why she kept provoking Opal. So, I put her back in community tank. Next time I saw her, her fins were even longer, and the "egg spot" was gone. Turned out it was a baby male delta tail! His name was Sapphire(from my album).
Moral of the story: if a female has long pectoral fins and is very colorful, beware: it could be a false "egg spot"....looking at your pretty Steel Devil in the light is making me worried that she could be an immature male, so go slow with sorority tank...:)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #43 
MSG

Sun = heat

Thanks for the info & the heads up that it may be a male. When the girls get introduced, I'll be in the same room watching movies or something on a laptop. If I notice anyone that's too aggressive I'll place them in a timeout tank.

When I took the photos of Bueroza I just pulled up the window shade a little bit.

Since you mentioned sunlight. Be careful with betta tanks & the sun. I almost cooked all my bettas when I put them right next to the window all day, during the 90+ weather.

If I didn't move my original rescued halfmoon betta out to the living room with the new bettas & noticing his weird behavior of hiding and clinging to the plastic log to escape the sunlight, they would have all died by the time I returned home in the late afternoon/evening.

Also the next morning, I found out I didn't unplug the 25watt heater afterall. It was left on for at least 12 hours before I found it melting into the kritter keeper lid.

MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #44 
ravenwinds

Oh what a pretty boy! He looks like a tulip or more like a peony!
None of my tanks are that close to light...no direct sunlight, but it is always a good reminder.
I meant to put them in a picture "tank" to take pics...natural sunlight works best and our house tends to be dark, so I'd take them out for 20min or so in am for pics :)

I have melted so many heater clamps that way!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote