Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #1 
Purple

Red face Dream Tanks

If money were no object, you had all the space in the world, your fish wouldn't do anything crazy like bury themselves under rocks, and you had all the time in the world, what would your dream tank be like? You can post pictures, links, or just describe it.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, so I wanted to know what other people thought.

I want a goldfish tank that's kind of Japanese-themed... Like with the red arch thingy, a bridge, beige/brown gravel, maybe some cliff-looking things. I would actually love this as an oscar tank, but they tend to mess up the decorations... :P

I also want a sorority tank that's all girly and such. Like it would have those plastic bracelets that are in the shape of hearts or stars and whatnot (not Silly Brandz, the hard plastic) glued on the back wall of the tank, black gravel with spherical pink marbles for substrate, and all sorts of girly decor. :P

I also think a Paris themed tank would be pretty cool, and one of those pools that double as a fish pond. (I would have ALL THE GOLDFISH... but I feel like I might accidentally kick them or something D:)
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #2 
lelei

OOH, I like this, I have been looking at a Setup, Tank, and stand, if money was no object..omg..Check this out..only 5,000.00
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #3 
lelei

It's 650 Gallons..lol..
Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #4 
Lost Eventide

Oh, this is easy xDDD They actually have this setup ready made and for sale (at least the basic aquarium portion. The fish and room itself come separately of course!)

I have been dreaming of a "fish room" centered around the idea of Atlantis or the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea seeing I want my entire house to be very steampunk/victorian-like. The lighting would be all oceany, no windows, and a giant center aquarium.

However, I'd probably put a school scalare angels in it and some larger tetras and such. As beautiful as saltwater aquariums are, I'm not sure if I'd be able to maintain one seeing they're a whole nother level to fishkeeping. I'm fairly confident with freshwater, but I haven't even started to imagine the challenges of saltwater. Besides, there are some amazingly pretty freshwater fish <3

I haven't hunted out a price for this setup yet (not sure if I'd be able to afford it given the career I'm pursuing, but maybe after a couple years of careful saving), and I need to look more into the disadvantages of having a cylindrical aquarium like that, but if everything works out I'm going for it.

Just imagine some lush plants and some lovely, giant pieces of driftwood in there nnnng <3 Though whoever shares the house with me would probably get tired of me hanging out in the one room all the time xD I'd want a couple more aquariums scattered around the house as well with other types of tropical fish.

Your Japanese tank sounds like it would be gorgeous, though <3 Pity about the Oscars, but I'm sure the goldies would be lovely, and those outdoor pond/pool setups are really cool =D
Attached Images

Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Look at dis one:
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=tanke...9,r:1,s:0,i:78
I wonder how many Gallons...
Or dis one, I think it disturbs the fish though:
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog...n2/image_large
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #6 
mattoboy

125 gallon with angels XD
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #7 
DragonFish

...I feel a little ridiculous, with everyone and all their huge big dream tanks of hundreds and hundreds of gallons....but...

The Fluval Chi is my dream tank, has been ever since it first came out when I was working at a local pet store. I'm just so in love with it <3
Personally I'm not much for big tanks....xD I used to have a 50 gallon set up, and as much fun it was and stocking flexibility it had, it turned into just a bit TOO much for me. xD Been there, done that, I enjoy my smaller tanks and my bettas a little more <3
The Fluval edge is pretty cool too though:

I'd love to have one one day as well~
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 
Leonardo DaFINci

If money wasnt an object, i would love to replace a wall in a future home with a giant aquarium! That would be INCREDIBLE!
Leonardo DaFINci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #9 
lelei

Wow..@Lebron..the first one is soo cool, but the link to the 2nd one didn't work..
@Lost..That is now my DreamTank!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Wow..@Lebron..the first one is soo cool, but the link to the 2nd one didn't work..
@Lost..That is now my DreamTank!!!
Really? It doesn't work? What about this one:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAw&dur=501
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote