Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #1 
princessgata

Cool something wants me to get new betta

Last week i bought a half moon betta taking me up to 9 . he was in a divided ten gallon but he kept freaking out still after a whole week so i thought maybe because he know liver my red white spotted ventail on the other side so i switched him with my daughter fish who was in a five gallon all to himself .Nope he was still freaking out. earlier today i went to buy stress coat for my blue and white half moon Skyler who got stuck in an ornament and has big cut since goodwill was next store i stopped in .Well sitting on the shelf is a tetra one gallon tank with light for 5 dollars so i bought it .when i got home home rinsed in hot water put heater in gravel ornament and prime .i then added haze .i swear he did a little fishing dance he is no longer freaking out .Now i have and empty five gallon tank with heater and filter .i dont know if i should store it get a new male or put my daughter fish back in put liver in my 4 gallon kritter keeper were my red female ventail is and start a sonority in the ten gallon .i would love opinions. the lady at pet smart already calls me crazy betta lady and i have to hide new fish from hubby so it will be my last purchase for while i hope

Last edited by princessgata; 07-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.
princessgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #2 
Anitax3x

I would wait and enjoy the fish you have that way when one REALLY grabs your attention you have space for it!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #3 
WildFlower

^+1 I agree with waiting for the right betta to catch your eye. ;)
Believe it or not I have actually walked in and out of a LPS without a new betta....so what if you get a new betta just because you have an extra tank and then a week later you fall in love with a new betta and regret not having the space? That’s just my opinion, but I hope this helps!
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #4 
Anitax3x

Exactly! Plus I have found that sometimes we just like the feeling of a new fish. It can be addicting but it doesn't have to happen!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #5 
princessgata

i agree problem is one always catches my eye that's i wound up with 9 instead of 2 i had planned .
Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #6 
CharStarr

I agree, I would wait for one to really catch your eye as well. I wish I could have more then one but my hubby wouldn't really appreciate that LOL. I saw these gorgeous bettas the other day, they were a beautiful blue and tan colour. If I could have a second one, it'd be one of those little guys.
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #7 
princessgata

i hide my new fish from hubby .one day he walked in to my daughter room and almost had a heart attack because i had three tanks in there .he hasnt noticed its now four in there lol. I went today and had to stop myself from buying like three not because they were special but because one had a fly in his cup ,ones water was so dirty i couldnt even tell what color it was and one who been there since last month .i took the one with the fly and the one with dirty cup to worker and said i dont mean to be a pain but this one has a fly and this ones cup is super dirty .the worker said no problem and changed both cups .If only i had the space and money i would have brought them all home .