Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #1 
KadenJames

Unhappy I lost my job yesterday..... :/

Working for the government has its downsides, as I found out yesterday my position is being cut due to government spending reduction. This was my dream job, and I loved it and the people I worked with very very much. My boss was on the verge of tears when he told me the news, and I couldn't hold back the tears myself. I've felt so out of it lately, seems like a bad dream. I may lose my apartment, this job paid very well and I was lucky enough to get hired with no degree, so it will be very difficult to replace it. As far as the Bettas go, I won't be starting any new lines or breeding again any time soon, I may end up having to sell some equipment. I'm currently watching MrV's fish while he sets up his barracks, but that's about all I'll be doing for a while.

If you would, please send up a quick prayer to the big guy for me. :'(
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #2 
Catfish Billy

I'm so sorry.

God has a reason for doing things; he has a plan for all of us. I hope and pray that he guides you and you get a new, great job soon!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry, Kaden. I hope everything works out and you can get another job soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #4 
Kenny G

Always remember when one door close's another one opens. Keep the faith.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #5 
tpocicat

I feel your pain especially since I too work for the government. Why does Congress keep making government workers the scapegoat?
Anyway, prayers are on their way.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

D: so sorry!!!! *hugs*

"when you lie down, your dream will be
sweet
Have no fear of sudden disaster
or the ruin that overtakes the
wicked
For the lord will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being
snared~"
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #7 
ravenwinds

Not to scare you or make you down...just feeling your pain as I have been out of work for over a year now...I am sorry you joined the club as I hope no one else does.
I see all the prayers sent to "the big guy" as you put it :). I hope no one is offended if I offer up some good thoughts/prayers/magick to the "other side" for you....may the goddess bless you with dreams fulfilled and other doors opened...as you care for earth's creatures may Gaia care for you!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #8 
lelei

Oh, no Kae, that is awful, but I beleive everything Happens for a reason..and It's soo hard to see right now..but there is a purpose, and I was thinking about you the other day..with the fires, and wondering how you been handling it..and remember I told you me and my daughter struggled to get thru losing everything in an apt fire..well, I thought that was the end for us..but people came thru, and perfomed miracles..and I beleive the same for you..seems like for whatever the purpose..Will be for the best..Have Faith, be Strong..My thoughts..are with you:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 
lelei

Side note..if you and Mrv are working together..maybe you can forge your own Company..for local sells??
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #10 
KadenJames

Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me. I have to work through the pay period, which ends a week from tomorrow. It's going to be very difficult to focus, knowing I'm getting booted. My boss wants to take my man and I out to dinner with the company at some point, he's such a sweet boss, I can't believe I'm leaving.

Today I updated my resume and applied to "Simple Dog," which is a local puppy mill resue organization, they need a web banner / logo / t-shirt graphic designer, and I can work mostly from home. Finger crossed, this is a great opportunity. =/

lelei, we are working together on the "Betta Splendens of Colorado" company, the website is under construction but you can see the start of it here- www.bsoc.moonfruit.com. Between his fish room chaos and my recent difficulties, it'll be a while before we get it completely up and running.

Last edited by KadenJames; 07-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote