Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 
lvandert

Why do people suck?

ug I guess people and me just dont mix (outside of my bf and one close friend).

Backstory: While playing a prank on a mutual friend, my best friend maggie and I asked another friend to let us know when he was coming upstairs. Well half way through setting our prank up the prank-ie walked in and found out. We got mad at our other friend who was suppose to warn us and turned the prank on him. Well when he found out he flipped out and got all mad at us. I don't know what his problem was but he had been getting more butt-hole ish all semester.
While we were cleaning up the prank he tried to help and by extension threw all of his games on the floor. He of course blammed us, and because that certain part was my doing I told him it was me. He picked up his games and stormed out all angry at all of us. how dare we pull a prank on him.
Now this was the week before I was throwing a party for everyone who helped us move (he was included in this party). Well after a few nasty texts I told him not to show up, I didn't want the drama. Well due to me uninviting him another group of friends decided they weren't going to go if he couldn't, because "they didn't want to get in the middle of this." **insert confused person face**
Now the worst part of this is one person said it first and then he convinced the others not to go. He told me, then his twin next and then his gf had to tell me she wouldn't make it and so on and so forth.
It's like I was throwing a "I hate this person" party. I told them that's your choice and in reality only 3 people showed up when I was expecting 9 or 10. That hurt, but I invited a few other people who didn't help me move and after a few drinks we had a great time.
Every since this things just haven't been the same with the group of people that decided they weren't going to go. I wasn't hostile to them but they acted like I didn't exist, expect the gf she and I still talk but I don't think the bf knows about it. I saddly also found out that after helping us move they complained about having to help, when they offered too!

Well now they are looking for a place for the next school year and I told them I would help, even after all of this I'm still trying to be nice (why I don't know). I found out through a mutual friend that they've been in town all week and that all of their friends that are in town got invited to go swimming tonight. Except my boyfriend and I. Luckily my best friend got invited and she invited us.
I want to go because it's a lake I've never been to but I don't honestly know how I'm going to act around them. Heck I might even swim in a different part of the lake, or just not go. I don't know. It's all so awkward. Before everything we were ALL really close, and ever since one guy took a joke the wrong way I've lost over half of my closest friends. God it still brings a tear to my eye admitting it.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #2 
thekinetic

Honostly you got what you derserved. Pulling pranks is NEVER fun because the one pulling the prank never takes into account the feelings of the one being pranked.

I hate my brother for that very reason. He tortured me with his "so called" pranks even when I was on my knees. They aren't funny, never ever funny!

Yours blew up in your face, and I hope you learned a lesson from this. Cruelty comes at a price.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #3 
lvandert

the prank we did was harmless and its not like we go around purposely trying to hurt people. Heck he's pulled pranks on me before. I'm sorry you feel that way about this situation but you sir are being rude about it. I'm not here to be chastised.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #4 
lvandert

And for your information we weren't being cruel. We just put paperclips everywhere, not like glued, just set places.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #5 
lvandert

Yet another example of why people suck
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #6 
LittleWatty

S*** happens is the easiest way to put it. Life happens to all of us, and we have to move on. Of all the friends I've had over the years, I've lost most of them. And most of the ones I've lost were through no one's fault but my own. Heck, I lost the love of my life for no reason other than I couldn't let myself be happy, even with him.

To be honest, your life might be better without these people. If they can't be with you through thick and thin, then maybe they aren't worth having around at all. Life teaches us all who's really our friends.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #7 
lvandert

Yeah well one of my best friends (who was invited) tried to invite me, conveniently "forgot" to call me. I ended up calling her for a different reason and I could tell she was trying to shh them in the background.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #8 
lvandert

I think I'm completely done with these people. I'm done being stepped on
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #9 
clopez1

That's why I always go for quality over quantity. The so called friends that turned their backs on you were never truly your friends, you're better off without them.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can't believe a whole group of people would get so mad over a little prank. Maybe they were just looking for an excuse to quit being friends with you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote