Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #1 
chix0r

White slimy stuff on roots?

My fishy recently had a case of fin rot, and I did 100% water changes for 7 days. I cleaned out the tank/equipment with vinegar, too. It seemed like no matter how many water changes I did, I was still finding little pieces of white stuff everywhere.

The fin rot cleared up, but now I'm noticing this wispy/gooky white stuff all over the plant leaves and roots, and on the surface of the water. It looks like this:

I siphoned out what I could when I did a water change, but there's still clumps of it in there. Should I be worried about it? And if so, how can I get rid of it?
chix0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #2 
MSG

it looks like some sort of plant root fungus or rot. You have to cut the infected parts off. Not sure what you should do afterwards.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #3 
Aurie

maybe a dip in a mild bleach solution then in declorinated water? thats how I kill off snail eggs and fish eggs (I have egg scatters) before I move plants to different tanks
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote