Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #1 
Aahnay

my betta wasnt at walmart today

I decided I would get my first one from walmart, and save a fish. They had a new shipment. A large one. And mostly VT and CT. Only one HM.

There were 6 gorgeous CT. Two were similar, flesh body, and brown elsewhere. One had an almost white with little green iridescence over body and partial everything else.

Another was, well i almost grabbed him, but I dont care for the spikey tails, dont ask me why, and I may go back and get it. Now i cant recall all its colors, 3, aqua body(just sparkled), red at the end of the fins, and a third color at the base. It was way in the back and I moved it to the front.

This was the first time I allowed myself to, well get close to them. Its just so difficult, knowing most will die a painful sad death, and sit there and rot in the cups. I found myself counting heads, wondering if i could save them.. then realized I was prepared for that and walked away.

The water was to the top of those cups, very little surface air. No one there to ask them to let a little out. I dont know.. I shouldnt have looked today i guess, but well.. I want one!
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #2 
tanseattle

Yes, betta always look so sad in regular fish store...
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote