Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 
Aahnay

Big ear HM yes or no

I was just reading another thread on the same topic, from 2010. It said no, due to. slower movement, fish torture.

Now thats its 2 years later, what the final word?
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #2 
Mo

Huh? I have 5 big ears. 4 HMPK's and 1 HM I've noticed no difference between them and that big ears are much better spawners
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

That's not really true. I've only had one and he never had issues. In fact betta queen and transshipper Linda Olson confirmed for me that even long fins have no issues.

I, personally, am not a big fan just because I feel that they are off balance. But I still think they're nice to have around.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #4 
Aahnay

I didnt say anything bad about them, it was here in the forums when i researched them with google. I have my eye on one and just wondered about them. =)

here
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Personally I think they look pretty awesome and hope to get one soon to add to what I am working on right now....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #6 
Aahnay

yes, the one im looking at is very pretty, I dont think it has very big ears really, but perhaps it is young. I saw another who had striking ears, 3 colors, reminded me of jewelry, or a flower.

And thank you for your replies.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #7 
ManInBlack2010

my first big ear was a tail bitter but you can have a normal HM with tail biting issues too. But i don't think i'll be getting another big ear HM
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #8 
registereduser

That's my big ear to the left. He is FAST. I had him in a 5 gallon but decided he deserved a 20. Unfortunately I think the 20 stressed him out, especially after all the neons I put in with him died off one by one.

Now he's in a 2 foot long 6.6 bookshelf tank and he loves it! He can swim back and forth in a more secure feeling space.

He is not unbalanced or hindered in any way. IMO my delta tail is more hindered and slower than my big ear.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #9 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
That's my big ear to the left. He is FAST. I had him in a 5 gallon but decided he deserved a 20. Unfortunately I think the 20 stressed him out, especially after all the neons I put in with him died off one by one.

Now he's in a 2 foot long 6.6 bookshelf tank and he loves it! He can swim back and forth in a more secure feeling space.

He is not unbalanced or hindered in any way. IMO my delta tail is more hindered and slower than my big ear.
He is cute! the one i wanted is gone now.. heck. Its ears were not as large. Yeah watching them on youtube zip around. Thats why i started this thread to ask about the opinion, now, 2 years later.

Thank you all!