Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

This thread died down fast... I'd post my doubletail, but he isn't "high quality" he;'s just "quality". That and I do not have pictures anymore x.x
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #12 
Sincerely

I will keep posting fish I see but I haven't liked any new ones that have been posted so far. I will probably check to see again if there is anything, I am picky

I am sad to see that many people did not take interest in this thread. I thought it would be fun.
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I think it would have been better, if it were for quality fish...not just show quality. Like, you could breed, but even may have to improve a lot more than a show quality/high quality fishy.

(although I will say I want that last one you posted)
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #14 
Sincerely

I liked your example for your male Sena, it went into explanation of what needed to be improved. I may start posting examples like that, because how would you learn if only near perfect fish are posted? Many fish are great breeders but couldn't be shown due to faults (I have the perfect example,
I have a female from my current spawn who has outstanding finnage and form but she has red wash in her fins. I will most likely keep and breed her to a marble male, although she could never be shown.)

Also, really liked that male I posted and I saw someone bid on him I was very tempted to get him.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I am sad you did not get him LOL one of a kind! My bro cannot wait for my CT spawn...

Well if you'd let me... I will post my doubeltail Richie. I like his color but his caudal and fins need to be 'evened' out. Being an import he is awfully small... I would need a very young but not stunted female. He would be a lot of work x.x (he is my avatar lol)
Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #16 
bettalover2033

Sena! By all means please post any fish you'd like as long as it comes with a description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I am sad you did not get him LOL one of a kind! My bro cannot wait for my CT spawn...

Well if you'd let me... I will post my doubeltail Richie. I like his color but his caudal and fins need to be 'evened' out. Being an import he is awfully small... I would need a very young but not stunted female. He would be a lot of work x.x (he is my avatar lol)
Actually Sincerely, your fish could definitely be shown because of her form. In the IBC, fish are shown mostly because of their form, while others may have some great color and form, they are usually judged by their form first depending on the category you enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely View Post
I liked your example for your male Sena, it went into explanation of what needed to be improved. I may start posting examples like that, because how would you learn if only near perfect fish are posted? Many fish are great breeders but couldn't be shown due to faults (I have the perfect example,
I have a female from my current spawn who has outstanding finnage and form but she has red wash in her fins. I will most likely keep and breed her to a marble male, although she could never be shown.)

Also, really liked that male I posted and I saw someone bid on him I was very tempted to get him.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Interesting I never knew that LOL.

And i just realized the flaws in Richie of I were to breed him... Well I better find a good female

Altair has a random pin hole in his anal fin. I'd breed him to an HMPK for the caudal evening actually... This does help with thinking what, how, and why to breed..
Old 07-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #18 
inareverie85

I am actually really enthusiastic about this thread. :) Due to my inexperience in recognizing great form though, I'd probably be just a reader. :) I have a decent eye for balance and toplines, but other more intricate matters with the fins elude me.

Sincerely, I'm the one who placed a bid on that boy you recommended. :) If you go only a dollar up though, you can outbid me, and I won't fight you for him. I had no idea you wanted him, and I don't mind, really! I have so many!
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #19 
Sincerely

Hmm, its so tempting! But, I made this thread so I help suppress the urge to splurge on every nice boy I see. I would really like to see that boy bred, he is just too nice. Would you be breeding him Ina?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #20 
inareverie85

I hope to begin breeding before the end of the year. Just need to make sure I find a few LFS that will want my fish. Will either need to be no later than October (since Holidays will mess up my schedule) or after Christmas.

I just bought my first female! A pretty white girl, so I definitely want to breed her to someone.

Just need to make sure I have thoroughly researched (though I've been reading already) and that I have gathered everything I need.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote