Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 
bananafish

New light - review coming soon

So I just got the new light I ordered for the currently-uninhabited 3-gallon tank on my desk. I ordered it on Tuesday and it came today, which is super fast and awesome. It was well-packaged and I have no complaints about the light so far. The housing seems good and I love that it's adjustable and fits the top of my tank perfectly.

I plan to pick up some plants this weekend and start trying to grow them, so more info and pics to come. Here's the first pic of the light though:

Also, don't judge me. The Bieber poster behind the tank was a joke and posted by one of my colleagues. :) I got him back with ICP posters.
bananafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 
bananafish

Also, I should mention it's a BeamsWork adjustable 12-16" single-bright LED that I got on amazon for $31 after shipping, which is CHEAP compared to similar brands.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #3 
yayagirl1209

That's the exact same light I have over my KK. It was a hand me down from my brother. He decided to get a bigger one and I got the benefit of an essentially brand new light. He said that his low light plants (java ferns and crypts) grew like crazy with the light. Hope you have the same luck he did! I hope to get it up and running on a new planted tank soon.
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #4 
bananafish

Planted the tank and added a little bit of liquid fertilizer. I turned the light on and left it. The water is a bit cloudy, but hopefully it will all clear up by Monday. To be continued...

Last edited by bananafish; 07-14-2012 at 09:13 PM.