Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #1 
Chrexis

Some questions

Hello!

Both mine and my Girlfriend's bettas are doing great in their 5.5 gallon planted tanks. We added driftwood recently which has tinted the water some to an acceptable degree. Now my driftwood is the only piece that is developing this white almost spider-web like fuzz on it. I was wondering if it's normal? What should I do? Also both tanks seem to have a protein film on the surface as well, any information about as well from the experienced keepers? I am doing my own research but I really do prefer information from an experienced hand as well.

Thank you in advance!
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #2 
laoshun

This is alll normal, the tan tint should just be changed BUT it is also acceptable to leave a light brown tint (it shouldnt be too dark). As for fuz, thats normal, just take out the wood and wash it under water (nothing harmful its just normal). As for film on the surface that is just due to not enough agitation on the surface of the water(also fine because bettas like calm waters too). All this is normal
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote