Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #11 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewie View Post
Hi... Me again.. Thanks for all the replies

I went to the pet shop to get a heater and a thermometer today... When I put the thermometer in the water I saw that it was at 83 degrees I didnt plug the heater in because it is a pre heated heater and I dont know wht it is pre heated to? So I did a 50% water change put in coller water and got the temperature down to 81, hopefully itll come down to 80 soon enough since I have the AC on very high now...

My question is about the pre heated heater... The brand is called deep blue and its for tanks upto 5 gallons... Since theres no button or switch for me to change the temperature to, how do I know what it is pre heated to? Or do I plug it in once the water gets to a temperature I want it to stay atand the heater helps it stay at that temp??

Thank you :)
83 degrees without a heater is not a bad temp...you don't want it much higher, but a stable warm temp is good. It depends on where you live too. I live in the South and my tanks are all unheated for the summer and stay at an exact 80 degrees. Let everything settle for a while, but don't try and cool the water down. I would watch the thermometer, keep it away from direct AC, and let your fish relax a bit. You'll get the hang of your water changes etc. He is beautiful, and glad you found the site..welcome!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 
Peewie

Thank you :))

I'm in NY... We have a hot summer but its probibly not like the south :)
Peewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #13 
Freyja
Banned

Welcome to the forum Peewie!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote