Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #11 
BubbiBubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Please, no feeders. They tend to just, overfeed. End of story :( What size is your tank? And are you able to get more decorations?
I think I have plenty decorations! Like 2 different sized pots, gravel & purple acrylic "jewels", a big winding "wooden cave" thing & like this black plastic tube Bubba is in love with & sleeps in... I also have baby java fern! It's a 5 gal...
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #12 
BubbiBubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Most fish have no idea that those feeding blocks mean food. They usually just sit and decompose in the tank, dirtying the tank. No one can feed him?
I wish! :( There's only a certain amount of people in my neighborhood I can really trust & have keys to my house, & they're all on vacation... Figures.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #13 
BubbiBubba

Omg I'm so concerned now! Vacation can become a disaster if all I do is worry about my baby! D; SO: weekend feeders seem pretty risky, & the last automatic feeder I had fell in his water less than a day after use & broke.. Thank god I found that in time, it was overnight. If I DON'T feed him at all, he'll bite his whole tail & it's FINALLY getting better.... & I don't want him to eat the shrimp in his tank because they're amazing maintenance! IMPOSSIBLE.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #14 
MrVampire181

Just let him be. Fish do NOT need to eat everyday. Its not uncommon for fish to go weeks without food. He'll be fine.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I heard those weekend feeders can mess up your water parameters if your tank is cycled. as was stated, you can leave your fish for a week and he'll be fine. If you have a reliable person to do it, you can get someone to come 1 or 2 times to feed your fish. I was gone for 10 days once and my fish got fed a total of 3 times during that period. I'm going to be gone this Christmas for 10 days-2 weeks and I'm going to have a friend come 2 or 3 times to check on them and feed them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #16 
magnum

Someone else (on this forum, can't remember who!) came up with the ingenious idea of putting as many pellets as you feed him into one of those pill containers that are labelled for every day of the week. Just tell the person -if you can find one- to feed the exact amount that's in every segment and not to feed anything more on fasting days or after, even if they look hungry. The main thing with the feeding while your note there is if the person looking after your fish dosn't do water changes, your water could get dirty and high ammonia.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #17 
Calypso77

How many days are you going for?
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #18 
BubbiBubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso77 View Post
How many days are you going for?
7 days! & everyone else... what if he bites himself? :( Oh well. Might as well leave him be.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #19 
LugiaChan

I use an automatic feeder. Has anyone else had luck with these? I can't say I approve of these yet because I haven't gone out for a long time yet.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic feeder, betta fish, feeding, how to feed, vacation