Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #41 
Creat

Okay someone explain so why dosent the USA allow vt? I think not many people would mind.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #42 
MrVampire181

I love Europe. Can't wait to go to Spain next year. I want to meet some of the breeders there.

TBH I'm not sure why the US doesn't allow them in the regular show classes. They can be shown in NB1 (single tail new breeder male) but won't probably place well due to the other breeders entering HMs.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #43 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They just fell out of favor here I guess.
My dream is to go to an aquatics convention in Germany. There's so many high tech aquarium things that I can only dream about on this side of the world. -sigh-
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #44 
xShainax

My first betta was a VT. I had a marble from walmart. They are unique.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #45 
MrVampire181

I'm partial to Spain and Portugal lol. Just because my family ties there lol. The Netherlands has some amazing breeders as well. Germany has a few good ones too. Sieg Illig (one of the top breeders) is from Germany.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #46 
Aus

Maybe you could bring an exemplary pair of VT's or two back with you, Mr. V? >>

I'd sure love to see them being bred, even if not for the show ring but simply as good examples of their type. Perhaps having a few really great examples floating about (pun intended) might encourage a bit of a paradigm shift..

ETA: I have a few Portuguese friends.. I'd LOVE to go there. Amazing place.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #47 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Out of betta for a second, Germany is home to the top fish keepers of pretty much everything. They keep things you'd never find on a Western market.
I'm more of an Easterner. Poland has some amazing aquascapers. Again, not betta, I know. -__-

Mr V was working on something on the lines of that, Aus. Not sure what happened to it though, I heard something bad happened to his fish room? :s
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #48 
Sincerely

I know about breeding and showing of dogs, I have a champion pembroke welsh corgi who has rock solid conformation (She has even won group placements) but I am having difficulties finding a good boy for her because she comes from stock lines instead from a bloodline who has been champions for generations so no breeders want to introduce their dogs with her "mixed blood". That is pretty much calling her a pet quality or mutt. It is a very difficult, political world the dog show is. But I digress.

I do not want to see betta breeding become this, I entered the breeding of bettas for my own personal enjoyment and because Anna is retired and I needed something to fill the time I used to groom and train her. I love reading any spawn logs, whether it be from pet bettas or from a show line. EVERY betta, regardless of quality, tail-type and form has their own problems for VT's it would be re-homing the entire spawn, for HM's its worrying about retaining the spread to be considered a HM's and hoping they don't become tailbiters or get blown finnage. The first betta I considered spawning? The one in my avatar and he is less than ideal for a breeding male, so what. I had many people who wanted the fry because his coloring in person was beautiful. Unfortunately, he passed away during a bacterial outbreak I had from our municipal tap-water which killed almost all of my fish I had at the time. So in my own opinion, as long as someone is willing to put in the effort to raise the fry from start to finish I am with them all the way. In the dog show world, they tell you to spay/neuter your dog and never think about showing him/her because they will never win a title or get their championship. I had a breeder come up and tell that right to my face about Anna before we went into the ring. Guess what happened, we beat her entered female and took Best of Winners for the major. So do not believe in the people that tell you cannot do something, because you can if you are willing to put the effort in you can surely succeed.

That is my rant, I am done now and I will go back in my corner and clean my jars.

I hope to see new spawn logs soon, one that documents with pictures and tells the stories and the knowledge they have experienced.

-Sincerely

Last edited by Sincerely; 07-14-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #49 
xShainax

Are you afraid that VT's would become extinct?
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #50 
Creat

I would love to import high quality also vt s if I could find some that way beginner breeders of vts could have a good example as a goal. I think good vt are going extinct.

Sincerely: You got my connection yay. And im glad you beat that woman and I hope you find a good boy for your girl. I dont want betta to turn into dog showing its to vicious.

Last edited by Creat; 07-14-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote