Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #51 
TheCrabbyTabby

LOL, don't we all, DQ.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #52 
Sakura8

Well, I for one am going into sleep mode. Night all!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #53 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol, yes.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #54 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good night, sakura!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #55 
Aus

LOL, defrag/upgrade. Thank you for the laugh. :)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #56 
deso

Just wanted to pop into this thread and say that I commend Shaina for bringing the topic up. Animals have been proven to be a great "therapy tool", whether it be for autism, depression, or any other chronic illness. I myself have manic depression and a rather severe violent streak that gets me in trouble from time to time (don't worry, I'm not going to go postal on anyone here). Sometimes, making sure that Modi is happy and healthy is all I wake up for in the mornings.

My boyfriend's younger brother is mildly autistic, but that doesn't stop him from holding down a steady job as an artisan and enjoying a small but fulfilling social life. Despite the fact that he only has up to a middle-school education, he works on window displays for Hermès and Louis Vuitton, and does the gold leafing on the gates for embassies here in Paris. It goes without saying that he has a superb attention to detail. Even if he may never leave home to live independently, his family has always treated him as if nothing is wrong, and I believe that's really helped him pull through. Plus, he's one of the most intelligent people I know, and I find him to be quite inspirational :)
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #57 
Relic

I have a child with Down Syndrome and her Physical Therapist actually recommended an aquarium.....That's the main reason I got back into fish keeping. It has helped her pull herself and stand supported which we where having a hard time with...she will pull her self up on the aquarium stands and stand there and watch the fish until her legs get tired.
I seen some mention of what people with disabilities can and can't do. While I can't speak for all types of disabilities, I will say people with down syndrome tend to be more focused on certain things than other people....for example, My daughter is almost 2 yrs old, and while she can barely crawl and knows very few words or knows how to do things that a "normal" 2 year old does, she has learned how to communicate via sign language...granted it's all basic signs, but even my wife and I are struggling to learn what she has already learned.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #58 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
you said that I should get it under control before I even attempt breeding
Shainax, i am sorry you have autism. I know it can be a very challenging "disease".

i still don't understand why you start threads like these just to single people out and start arguments. This is a family friendly forum and we all intend to keep it that way. So please, if we could stop all the arguments and drama and just settle your differences(if you HAVE too) through PM.

I agree with Aus 100%
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I have a child with Down Syndrome and her Physical Therapist actually recommended an aquarium.....That's the main reason I got back into fish keeping. It has helped her pull herself and stand supported which we where having a hard time with...she will pull her self up on the aquarium stands and stand there and watch the fish until her legs get tired.
I seen some mention of what people with disabilities can and can't do. While I can't speak for all types of disabilities, I will say people with down syndrome tend to be more focused on certain things than other people....for example, My daughter is almost 2 yrs old, and while she can barely crawl and knows very few words or knows how to do things that a "normal" 2 year old does, she has learned how to communicate via sign language...granted it's all basic signs, but even my wife and I are struggling to learn what she has already learned.
My mom used to work with developmentally disabled adults at a group home and there was one guy, Timmy, who had Down syndrome but just because he had the mentality of a two year old didn't mean he wasn't smart. He could be pretty sneaky, like waiting until everyone was in bed and going into the living room and turning the tv on full blast and running back to his room and act like it wasn't him. lol He would always get this mischievous look on his face. He knew what he was doing.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #60 
Catfish Billy

@DQ lol. There's this guy at my school who has a mental disability but he seems to flirt with the older girls and tries to shoo any other boys who try to talk with them! XD I even caught him getting a phone number off a girl in our year group! Everyone in the WHOLE school likes/knows him. I think maybe he too, knows what he's doing.....
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote