Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #61 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. One of the guys at the group home had a girlfriend at the other group home. There was a men's home and a women's home. Marty used to tell me I love you, I love you. Don't tell Mary don't tell Mary. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #62 
RainbowSocks

I have an interesting cocktail of mental issues (insert list here), and every summer I need to find something to pour my energy into (to take the place of school from Sept.-May), or I become a deranged, eccentric hermit. >_< So, getting a betta this summer has been a God-send as it keeps me in touch with this thing called reality. <3
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #63 
craiger75

LMAO ... keeping a betta has done the opposite to me ... the whole "deranged eccentric, hermit" thing.... Oh wait, I was already like that. I'm pretty anti-social, so this is the perfect fish species for me. I barely leave the house unless I'm procuring more swag for my betta and his tank.

I think breeding bettas would only make it worse. Kinda like Sylvester the Cat in that old Warner Bros. cartoon (e.i. chugging coffee, chain-smoking, pacing the floor). I already did that writing a thesis ... never agin.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #64 
Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I thought I had problems .... Aus, we sort of share the same boat. But my problem is in the lower spine and blood flow issues. I know I should give up driving because my legs are slowly giving up on me, but me being me..... I never let anything stop me from doing what I want or need to do.

Wow 41??? I literally can't even sit straight at 39. Everything around me seemed like spinning - that was due to typhus, not my current problem. Well, I'm glad you're ok now.

Keeping pets - namely bettas has helped me (at least) stay sane.

Sorry, Indjo, I missed this reply..

Yeah, lol - they gave me one of those green painkiller inhalers as they loaded me into the ambulance, and between that and the fever I was high as kite and all cheerful, whee! -- whatever gibberish I was saying at the time apparently cracked the paramedics up all the way to the emergency room, but I don't recall much of it.

Jeesh, you had typhus? That's no small potatoes disease!

Pets to me have always been half companionship and half intellectual interest and a good excuse to learn something new (which is how I get my head out of my ass when I start feeling sorry for myself, go learn something new..) - is why I've enjoyed keeping unusual/wild/rescued pets and now fish... Fishkeeping is such a huge field of knowledge, it'll keep me learning for years to come I think.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #65 
CharStarr

I have depression and I suffer from severe anxiety, keeping fish helps me try and stay calm especially when I'm going through an anxiety episode where I get that feeling of impending doom and can't relax. Watching Kudo and now Spyro really helps me and caring for them. I'm happier now too that Ive found something that I really enjoy and love to do, it really helps me.
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #66 
craiger75

Fish are fine. It's the tank that gives me apoplexy, nervous ticks, fits, temper tantrums, anxiety attacks, uncontrollable crying and Tourette's Syndrome, PTSD, you name it ... planting causes most of it tho.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #67 
Rosska

It's interesting to read about peoples relationships between their health and fishkeeping. It really can make all the difference!

I suffer from visual and auditory hallucinations, and when it's all too much for me I'll occupy myself with cleaning my bettas tank, letting him chase my finger around or just watching him swim about. Lil' EJ stops me from going into hysterics <3
Rosska is offline   Reply With Quote