Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 
Meggie6347

Red face Over time

Hey everyone! Can't remember if I posted about the progress of Walter...so I'll just do it now

I waiting for about a month for that perfect betta to come along....finally found him a 16 hour drive away on vacation....he looked so sickly and his left ventral fin was torn...he is a king betta...he looked miserable sitting in about and inch and a half of water in the same size cup as the normal bettas...very dirty of course...so I grabbed him, a 1/3 gallon betta keeper and some food for the drive home, water conditioner (did three water changes in that time)...then he went straight into krolls old planted 5.5 gallon that I had kept running for the next betta...so anyway, this is what he looked like day 1....(he had very bad stress stripes, too...even in the store

And this is him now: he is very friendly, always swimming up right away when I walk by, follows me around...never really flares, builds big bubble nests for me his fins have grown and colored up, he is extremely friendly...like a big Teddy bear...and his ventral fin is still growing back, slowly but surely and he likes to lay in his plants

Sorry about the bad pictures...my iPad is being dumb.... so I'll upload the better pictures when I can

Thanks for looking!
Meg
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #2 
reggie oaks

This is great !!! Your betta is in great shape compared with the first pic. Remember the water changes to maintain good water cuality. This will speed up healing and grouth, keeping harmful bacteria under control.
reggie oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #3 
Meggie6347

Oh yea, forgot to say that I do water changes every week 50% + ...the tank has got tha clean muddy plant smell that cycled clean tanks smell like...love that smell!

And thanks! He has improved loads! Although it's very hard to get pictures of him...he loves the camera and always stares at it HEAD ON no matter which way I move! I had to use a mirror on him for these and even then it was hard to get him flaring and to not look right at the camera!
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #4 
jeremywadejunior

Wow, I can't believe that's the same fish! He looks great; it must be rewarding to see how much you've helped him :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #5 
misty1477

Beautiful fish
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #6 
CandiceMM

What a transformation, he looks so healthy you should be proud! I love his colors btw very pretty boy. Good Job!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #7 
KevinPham123

dayummmm, I used to have a betta with similar colouration, it was the only colour I liked on a betta. Simple
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #8 
mamanemeth1

So awesome! Way to go. :) CandiceMM, I love you quote/signature. Very touching and very true.
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #9 
LittleWatty

He looks a lot like my king that I just rescued from Petco! I think all kings are just adorable XD like you said, big teddy bears!
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #10 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Wow what a change he is a beauty !!!! Perseus likes to lay in his new plant too, I just put it in a few days ago and he attacked it and I found him this morning sleeping in it, its floating plant I just love how it looks, its Hornwot. He really love its now too!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote