Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 
kfryman

Long Distance Relationships

What are your experiences with them or ideas about them?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #2 
lvandert

they suck in my opinion. It's hard to fully trust the other person and it takes A LOT of effort not to spazz about the other. I've personally never had them work out for more than a month or two, and even by the end of that things are tense. My bf had similar experiences in the past but his others was not as faithful :(
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #3 
kfryman

Yeah, that is my problem with them, as they could do anything and you wouldn't know. Kind of sucks when the thing that is keeping you apart is distance though lol.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #4 
lvandert

lol yeah. My bf and I had to do that for a month and a half while he was recovering from surgery on the other side of the state. Luckily by then we had been together long enough to completely trust one another (and become attached at the hip) because of that we ended up calling 2-3 times a day lol. We missed each other soo much! With a few previous bf's going away for a weekend was rough, let alone a few weeks.
One bf said he was going to help an aunt at her lake place (out of cell range) for a few days. After not hearing from him for a week I text him. Come to find out he never left :( I don't know what he did if anything but at that point I knew we'd never be anything but casual. I got back at him good though :P He always had these plans, that mostly never included me, so I assumed he'd be busy for the weekend when I called. Well he had plans of maybe playing D&D at a friends house and "you know how long those can be". I just smiled and said "Yup thats what I figured. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any plans for us. Alex and I are going to my parent's cabin in about 5 minutes, I'll see you when I get back." Now Alex has been one of my best guy friends for a long time and we didn't do anything up there but chill on the beach and swim, but I'm sure he assumed I did something. *roll eyes*
The guy before him flipped out when I went on a 2 1/2 week vacation to Europe. He said i was going to cheat on him with someone else. I got mad and told him "well if I'm going to be accused of it maybe I should!" He backed off a bit after that, but for all the accusing he did, he was the one to cheat... go figure...
Old 07-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #5 
TheCrabbyTabby

In my opinion, 99.99% of long distance relationships end with one or the other cheating. Who knows, you might be the lucky .01% that makes it through!

Sorry, I've just not had all that good of luck with relationships in general. So I am cynical of them now. Well, I shouldn't say that. I am good friends with my one and only ex now.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

Okay, I'm going to be different.

I met my hubby online and he lived in Cali while I was across the US in SC. We were friends for years and it became more. We talked online and eventually talked on the phone. Then, he came to visit one summer and after returning home we realized how much we missed each other.
He then moved here. Now, we didn't spend a long time long distant, but it started that way. I think they can be good as far as a starting point.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #7 
lvandert

Yay! lol someone on here has a good experience with these things.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #8 
Catfish Billy

Hmmm....kfryman, have you fallen in love or something!? lol jk XD

I don't really know of any long distance relationships......
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #9 
kfryman

Semi lol.

I have been talking to her a lot, and we were also skyping. We both like each other but I am gonna wait, if we are good friends I don't wanna mess anything up, which usually happens with dating. She lives near Phoenix and I live near San Jose so it is a bit away.

We probably met in the funniest place as well.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #10 
tngirl92

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and we dated long-distance for about nine months. We went to the same high school and I'm a year older than him and chose a college in another state. In some ways the long distance was helpful in making friends and enjoying my first year of college because I wasn't constantly attached to my significant other. That being said, I was constantly texting or skyping with him and spending big money driving home once a month to see him. We're very committed to each other though and I know I have his full trust. I have not been tempted to cheat on my boyfriend yet and I doubt I ever will be (he's very special and I've never met anyone like him). This upcoming semester he'll be in college in the same state but still about two hours away. We may see each other more often, but him going to college poses another set of challenges for us. We're hoping to get engaged around Christmas. My advice would be that if you love someone you can't not go for it just because of distance. Personally, I would not voluntarily enter a long distance relationship because it is really difficult, trying, and emotionally draining. However, if you're with someone you love very much and circumstances are forcing you to be long distance, then give it a shot. It's so worth it.
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote