Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #21 
kfryman

I'm a teenager, so yeah, it would suck never being able to see her. So unless she moves, I think good friends will stay.

So you want to know where we met? Vegas lol, my church went there on a missions trip since there are actually a lot of homeless and other people there, but her church also came. So yeah, funny way to meet someone right?

It's annoying, she has the best smile ever! And eyes... And personality... Lol
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #22 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awwwwww..
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #23 
lvandert

:( I'm sorry tiki. I hope things get better
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #24 
Sapphoira

I did it!

My hubby and I dated for about a year long distance before I was out of school and able to move across the country. This was my second long distance relationship, the first one was a burning hell hole of misery! However, in my opinion it is the intent of the relationship that determines the experience and outcome. When I was dating my hubby, I wasn't just dating him because I liked him, we were making a commitment to each other and our future. My first long distance relationship I was with the guy because we were into each other, but there were absolutely no future plans and really there wasn't an option for a future at that point in time! I have known a lot of people in long distance relationships, and the only ones I've seen succeed (which have actually been most of them) are the ones where both people communicate a LOT, trust each other, and are dedicated to building a future with the other person. I'm sure it's totally different from person to person, but I wouldn't rule it out as an option... just make sure that you don't go into it thinking "ugh this will never work" because that alone will put you in a mindset to just doom the relationship!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #25 
katrina89

I didnt read everyone's response bec I dont wanna get angry lol.... i did 4 years long distance w my husband... 1 1/2 was while married... he was in the marines and I was in college.... 2 deployments overseas and lots of memories happy and sad later we finally are together... i think long distance is only worth it if the person is worth it... alot of the women going through what i was would say things like... im lucky enough to miss someone special or... sacrifice a couple years for a lifetime together....
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #26 
SpookyTooth

I've known a couple of people for whom long distance relationships have worked... I've had experiences myself, none of which worked out, but I've certainly learned a lot.

I have seen that these things can most certainly succeed and create a loving and stable relationship but I've also seen the darker side of long distance relationships and know of the frustration and pain they can bring. While I myself would never cheat on a boyfriend, fiance, husband -- whatever title my partner would have -- I know the pain of hearing one you care for has broken your trust and your heart (whether due to cheating, lies or whatever).

It really is down to both people in a long distance relationship to try their hardest and make things work. Mistakes can happen (whether through fear or plain stupidity) but I find online it can be so much harder to forgive... partly because you can't honestly have that person look into your eyes and tell you that they are genuinely sorry... I do my darndest and have done my darndest to forgive those who have hurt me, it's in my nature but it can leave something rotten inside that may even leak into "in person" relationships and that, I feel, is the most dangerous part of long distance ones (especially ones that occur online).

That said... when things go well... I think there is a lot to be said for being in a relationship across a great distance -- of all the people that person could have chosen, they chose you and you don't even live in the same state or country (whether temporarily or otherwise)...

They really are a double edged sword.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #27 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Long distance relationships are okay if you're an adult and have more control over your life.. But honestly it's too hard being a teen. Especially if you have "those" parents. D:
Posted via Mobile Device
Not true, we were teens. In fact he was 18 and I was 20 when we got married. We celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary this past June.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #28 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Still at 18 you have a lot more control over your life than 15/16/17. I probably won't have any control in my life until I'm 30 with my parents. >__>
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother and sister in law pretty much have a long distance marriage. lol He works all over the world, where ever his job sends him. He's going to Greenland next month for 3-4 months and right now he's working in Florida. She's in Texas and works for the military. They'll be married 18 years next month.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote