Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #1 
registereduser

for betta keepers with curious cats

I was at a thrift store and saw an old TV stand for $8 that looks just like the one in the photo. I removed the wheels and the shelf inside. My bookshelf style aquarium fits inside perfectly! I have it on top of my dresser with a small TV on top and the cats can't get to it MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I would post a picture of it but since it is in my bedroom, I think not. I'm a horrible housekeeper Maybe someday.

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #2 
teeneythebetta

LOL How do they get into the tank? what kind of tank do you have?
My two couldnt get into my tank.. it is a typical 10 gallon though.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #3 
registereduser

They hop on top and take the filter cover off. Once I came home to find a filter half off the tank and the water all spilled out. Thankfully the motor had not burned out. After that I taped everything down with packing tape and it worked, but it's a pain come cleaning time. I did take some photos after all, I will upload soon!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #4 
Calypso77

I put my Bettas tank down on the floor by my kitty when we first got the fish just to see if we would have any problems. My kitty couldnt be bothered. lol

Good idea though for ones that would. :)
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #5 
Spazzfish

Double stick tape on the top of my tank cat hates it. :P
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #6 
registereduser

They have calmed down about the tanks these days but I don't trust them (I have 7 cats and 3 tanks).

The first shows with TV on top and the second shows with the glass doors open.

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #7 
ao
TFK Moderator

^

Last edited by ao; 07-16-2012 at 10:01 AM.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Oh wow, they're very curious! xD When I first got my tank they would try to stick their paws in the hood gap by the filter. But now they leave it alone for tr most part.

It looks great! Before I knew howto properly care for bettas I had my old betta in a 1/2 gallon unheated tank (yeah I know... It didn't take him long to die :( ) my cat would sit by the "tank" and wrap his body around it. Once I came home and my cat had slid the lid off, but the lid fell in the tank so he couldn't get my betta.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #9 
misty1477

I have 7 totally spoiled kitties. When I am home during the day, I leave the hood off of Sparkle's tank.

My kitties love to drink the water even though they have numerous bowls of fresh well water to drink from.

They don't even realize that a fish resides in the tank. Sparkle goes right up to the top and they completely ignore him.

I think my kitties believe I created a giant "fish-flavored" water bowl for them
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #10 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
I have 7 totally spoiled kitties. When I am home during the day, I leave the hood off of Sparkle's tank.

My kitties love to drink the water even though they have numerous bowls of fresh well water to drink from.

They don't even realize that a fish resides in the tank. Sparkle goes right up to the top and they completely ignore him.

I think my kitties believe I created a giant "fish-flavored" water bowl for them
Haha I made a fountain for my cats using a fish bowl & a filter... Here's how: http://www.tntpuff.com/cat_water_fountain.htm