Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #1 
noellezim

Question can someone please explain to me WHY?

I want to buy a betta from the classified betta's and I cannot. Thought i might support the forum and buy a betta. unfortunately he lost my business and I have to buy from another source. why do I have to have 100 threads or whatever. guess Craigslist is best. kinda upset.
no hard feelings.
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #2 
Aus

Um. ... what? I really don't understand what you're saying.

Did you try to buy a betta off someone here, and weren't satisfied? What 100 threads?

It's a bit hard to explain WHY when I don't know what you're actually asking. ;)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #3 
sparkyjoe

I believe the OP is trying to say they wanted to buy a fish from the forum's classified section but, because they are a fairly new member, they didn't meet the guidelines and were unable to do so.

I can't remember the specifics, but there are guidelines that must be met before someone can post, or purchase, from the classifieds. These rules help protect the list from spamming and scammers on the parts of both the seller and buyer.
Posted via Mobile Device
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #4 
Aus

Ah! I did not know that, having never bought or sold here. Thanks for that, its all so clear to me now!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellezim View Post
I want to buy a betta from the classified betta's and I cannot. Thought i might support the forum and buy a betta. unfortunately he lost my business and I have to buy from another source. why do I have to have 100 threads or whatever. guess Craigslist is best. kinda upset.
no hard feelings.
You can always go through PM or visitor message to contact the member until you reach the needed post count.....
Sorry you had problems....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #6 
Mo

I think the 100 posts needed is a good guideline so spammers don't mess with the forum. I remember being on a forum where members would join just to post in the classifies section. The classifieds were an Absolute MESS
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #7 
noellezim

okay, yeah thats exactly what happened, I was also alittle confused about the rules. well just make a hundred posts? Chad who I want to buy from. I'll message him, its paypal so its fair.
thanks for explaining.
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

We do get a lot of trolls and spammers that you don't see (at least we try to ban them first). Some are pretty obvious and some wait until they post a few messages before adding spam links to their threads or siggys.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #9 
kfryman

If you know someone breeds and sells just private massage them and ask if they have any fish up for sale.

The 100 post to gain classifieds is good because it protects us from spammers who are advertising, stick around and you will have access to new knowledge almost everyday.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #10 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellezim View Post
no hard feelings.
I am so confused on what you just said..
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote