Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #1 
Spazzfish

New plants

Ok, in the bigger town next to me there are ,2 pet stores petsmart and petland. When i go to buy food/ fish i go to petsmart because the fish are healthier and they have more choic.s However, when I want live plants I go to petland
they always have diffrent plants that are usualy impossible to find any where else and with four large 2x2x1 tanks dedicated to plants! Plus they arn't that expensive which makes up for overpriced everything else
Anyways today i got:
2 banana lillies :D
1 ozelot sword
1 clump of water sprite!
1 angustafolia (sp?)< mom wanted that
2 clumps of fun generic aquarium plants for my breeder's tubs

Last edited by Spazzfish; 07-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 
misterBetta22

Just make sure that all live plants have water. It needs to be conditioned, and some plants only need like half water and half air (lower the water level if they are labeled "semi-cut plants") If they don't have that, then fill up the water until it fully covered with water. Not just half of it though. Live plants are good, but make SURE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SNAILS. If you see one, I would give it back to the clerk (because I don't like throwing out animals). The reason why is because the snails can have parasites and diseases (etc.) and it also could b hard to take care of. Hope this helped!
misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 
craiger75

Sweet! I used to like loading up on plants bc I always get malingerers and stuff that flat out drops dead after a week or two. So much so, that I overplanted the thing and the wife finally had to step in with an intervention of sorts!

Does anyone know anything about Cabomba? I believe it's a type of Carolinia (sp?). I'm thinking of trimming the stems and standing it up to fill in the back, when I get in there tomorrow for a water change (he's got enough floaters). My laterite showed up early, so I'm hoping to mix that in too provided it rinses by the time I'm ready to go.

My moss wall is a ways away before the money starts trickling in again (provided my LFS ever carries it) - lol!

Last edited by craiger75; 07-28-2012 at 05:27 PM.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #4 
choob99

Camboba has always been easy to take care of for me, low light, fast growing, only problem with it is, the needles fall off often and cloud your tank and they are a pain when doing water changes, but very easy to take care of
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #5 
craiger75

Quote:
Originally Posted by choob99 View Post
Camboba has always been easy to take care of for me, low light, fast growing, only problem with it is, the needles fall off often and cloud your tank and they are a pain when doing water changes, but very easy to take care of
Yeah, so ive noticed ... that's another reason they're going in the back- lol ... thx!
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote