Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #1 
mkayum

20 or 30 gallon long for six bettas or more?

I have this empty 20 or 30 gallon long and I think I would able to divide into 6 (for my six bettas) 2.5 per betta or 3 per betta. I got this tank like last year from my sister's friend. Nobody knew what gallons this tank would hold. It looks like 30 or 20, I'm not sure but it's long enough to hold several bettas.

The sponge filters will be in this tank. probably about 4 of it & a couple of heater whisper tetra for ten gallons.

All of my bettas are fairly healthy and eating just fine.
Only two of them have problem with swim bladders but always went back to normal.

I would add some new bettas but I'll have to put the new bettas in other tank for quarantine to see if they are okay to be added with my six betta clan..

What do you think? c:

Thank you so much for looking & the help. c: I'm excited to start this mini project..
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #2 
mkayum

I would appreciate if you share your opinions about this...
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

I prefer sororities or community tanks over divided :). if you do divide it, the fish should get about 3-5 gallons each.

best way to know the volume of your tabk is to measure the edges
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 
noellezim

I wanted to do 3 Betta's in a 20 gallon. spilt. or 2 betta's 20 gallon split with non tail biters. honestly that might be to small for six. but you could pull it off.
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #5 
TuckerLove

I have (2) 10 gals, divided 3 ways each. I think putting a sponge filter in each section or something like that will be good. Not to sure, but I do remember seeing a post a long time ago when I was looking to doing something like that. Maybe search the boards? Good Luck :)
TuckerLove is offline   Reply With Quote