Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #11 
lvandert

I could show you a picture of my 5.5 divided. It's pretty neat. It actually finished tonight so I put the girls in early. I think its pretty nifty
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I could show you a picture of my 5.5 divided. It's pretty neat. It actually finished tonight so I put the girls in early. I think its pretty nifty
Ooh I wanna see!
I'm going to divide my 10 gal once I have it cycled, Teeney in one side and gonna get another female for the other side. :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #13 
lvandert

lol alrighty. here ya go. The gravel is a mix from old tanks
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 
katrina89

OOoo that looks nice!! I have a feeling im still gonna wanna divide it bec i want another betta... update me and let me know how its going... I have all week to decide how i feel... I wanna know the pros and cons of having the divided tank :)
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #15 
lvandert

pros:you get multiple bettas in one tank, you get to see them interact as it were and water changes are one tank instead of two. Cons:More frequent water changes, they could jump/go through the divider and fight, and if one gets sick the other most likely will get sick.

over all I do like them. I also have a 10 gal divided 3 way for boys
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #16 
katrina89

Thanks for taking the time out to explain to me what you like about them... I woke up today very clear headed and wanting to divide the tank... I know I have to put the new guy in a QT for two weeks... during that time should I divide the tank or let seabiscuit have his full reign of the tank?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #17 
lvandert

not a problem. I sure there are others pros/cons to divided tanks but I don't remember them. I would a 50% water change the day your QT ends. Then while your tank is half empty, rearrange your decorations, install your divider etc etc. Then introduce them both back into the tank at the same time. That way no one has "established" territory of any means and it should be alright. It'll also take a couple months for them to get used to their neighbor so expect lots of flaring and frantic swimming along the divider
Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #18 
katrina89

Ok thanks... im taking some decor out of the tank today to put in with the new betta .... sea biscuit has already claimed certain decor as his fav so of course he gets to keep those to himself.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #19 
Shadyr

I'm glad you decided I just got my divided tank up and running this past weekend. It is only half occupied - occupant #2 was just purchased Sunday and is in a kritter keeper till he recovers from Life:Cupped. But I'm excited about it, so I'll show it to you anyway, even though you made up your mind!

This is the Petco Bookshelf - which I think is a 6.6, so a tad larger, but comparable to yours.

Name:  newtank1280.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  56.9 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #20 
katrina89

I love your divided tank i saw it when you made the divider... i love that its black im planning on making mine just like yours..... here is my new betta i got for the other side of the divider and his QT for now :) for two weeks... i fell in love w him sunday... most expensive betta i ever got... nearly 15$ ...but soooo cute... i got him today after debating about it long and hard... i was gonna wait for their new shipment but i started dreaming about the sucker and knew it was fate... perfect contrast color with the betta i have now... { idk how to post pics this way... so im gonna make a new thread... look for it :)}