Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #1 
Fasht

What do you guys think

So I was browsing through aquabid and saw this salamander. I got attracted to it right away and bought him without thinking. The thing is, the picture is cropped like he's hidding as to who actually took the picture. So it made me think whether is that the real fish that he's selling and just stole the picture? did he already used him and breed that fish? which he really didn't specify on the detail that that's already the case. Now I'm just skeptical whether I should buy him or buy from him at all

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shmp1342489686
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #2 
Timberland

I bet that was the photo that was used for the orig auction when the guy bought the fish and it had the breeders watermark on it so he cut it out of the pic. :) I wouldnt worry too much, if you have questions about the male just email the seller I am sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #3 
Fasht

well here's what I said:

Yeah, I have a question about this. I just noticed that your picture looks like you stole it from someone else cause of the cropping of the photo. Is that the real fish that is on the photo? If it isn't, can you send me an actual photo or a recent photo of the actual fish that you're selling? how old is he? and did you use him to breed already and reselling it?

then he replied:

Hi Paul

that is the actual fish in the photo , I did not steal anything, i bought him with the intent of spawning and never got around to it and yes i am now reselling him. as far as age I would imagine him to be about 6 months now. Please let meknow what your intentions are.

and I said...

I like the guy, but can you send a recent photo of him? I want to see how's his condition now cause I'd assume that photo is from the breeeder that you got him from and it's about 3 months old when you just purchased him. Also, aren't you charging too much for a betta that you're reselling after all these months which I'm really not that sure if you breed him or not?

finally he said...

PAUL YOU ARE OBVIOSULY A NEWBIE,

HERE IS THE DEAL, YOU DO NOT BID ON A FISH AND THEN ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU HAD ANY DOUBTS OR QUESTIONS YOU ASK BEFORE BIDDING ON HIM AND I AM NOT CHARGING TOO MUCH THATS ENTIRELY UP TO ME. THE PHOTO IS HIM I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE I HAVE SOLD OTHERS SAME CIRCUMSTANCES RECENTLY.

JOHN

Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4 
Timberland

ouch! but you were pretty forward with him. I would trust its the same fish and follow through w the auction you won. :) Good luck!
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #5 
Fasht

I like the guy, I really do but I know he looks like that 3 months ago but what if he's all tattered up and doesn't look like what he is now in the picture? then he's pretty much false advertising.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Look at the negative review he got.. I don't know, it just throws me off a little. :s I mean, it's one guy saying it but still.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 
Fasht

Yeah I read that too which made me question myself. Then I read alot of his reviews and most of them are about him buying the fish. But not really selling any fish.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #8 
Sincerely

I looked at his feedback and found the original auction, he wants 5$ more than what he payed for, not to mention the fish is now older and may or not have issues. Just a heads up.
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #9 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That, plus his terribly rude reply, would make me back out.. He just seems like he's hiding something with the way he responded. :/

I don't know how aquabid "politics" works. He might write something bad about you if you back out? Not sure.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #10 
Fasht

Lol Thank you, I knew it was kind of skeptical when I saw the cropped picture. Then he's all defensive and don't want to take a picture. Can you send me the actual link of the original seller? thanks alot