Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Large betta poop?

I was cleaning out Buddha's tank and I was finding these large brown things. At first I thought they were snails and I began INSTANTLY freaking out. But upon closer inspection, I noticed it was fish poop. But as you can see, it's extremely large. Is this normal and can it be a sign of something?

And here's Buddha in his temporary tupperware. He doesn't look very happy :(
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I really dont have any idea I am sure someone will come along that does. The thing that worries me is a hardy ever see any poop from Perseus and clean the gravel very well and stir it up and everything. Whats up with that ? Does the filter get it, is he maybe eating it I have read so will do that. Anyway I dont think you have anything to really worry about but lets wait for others to have a look. Poor Buddha blows a kiss to him.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #3 
lelei

What have you been feeding him? I have never seen a poop that big from a fish..lol..wow..sammy's are as micro as his pellets..hahaha
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #4 
Calypso77

Mine poops big like that. I am sure it is fine. My guy has always pooped like that.
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
I really dont have any idea I am sure someone will come along that does. The thing that worries me is a hardy ever see any poop from Perseus and clean the gravel very well and stir it up and everything. Whats up with that ? Does the filter get it, is he maybe eating it I have read so will do that. Anyway I dont think you have anything to really worry about but lets wait for others to have a look. Poor Buddha blows a kiss to him.
Well, you got a good filter then. And Buddha says thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
What have you been feeding him? I have never seen a poop that big from a fish..lol..wow..sammy's are as micro as his pellets..hahaha
I've been feeding him flakes, but not that much. Especially since he was bloated before so I lowered his feeding amounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso77 View Post
Mine poops big like that. I am sure it is fine. My guy has always pooped like that.
Buddha never has, which is what confused me. He always had small poop :3
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #6 
tanseattle

My giant can eat 30 pellet/meal and poop 3x bigger than that you got there :) When I fish saw it, I have to suck it out of the tank and to the toilet.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote