dramaqueen
Banned

You're very welcome. *hugs*
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #32 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Big Hugs from me too!! (((~)))

I have a 26 year old daughter so I understand the dynamics too. Hoping to see a posting on new jobs!! Thinking of you!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #33 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Is Good View Post
My grandma died from cancer they should find a cure for it
I'm sorry you lost your grandma like that...my mom died of cancer too.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #34 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
Big Hugs from me too!! (((~)))

I have a 26 year old daughter so I understand the dynamics too. Hoping to see a posting on new jobs!! Thinking of you!
Ty so much Jakiebabie...
Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #35 
Bettanewbie60

I'm doing a little better this evening...You know, forgiveness is not about freeing the other person, it's about freeing yourself...easier said than done sometimes, but so necessary. Rob is still applying for everything he can find...I know good news is coming! Thanks so much to ya'll for support...it means a lot to me. HUGS!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #36 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm sure it'll all be okay. <3 Fate is testing your strength, yes. But you can't let it win.
I feel so bad about your daughter... After seeing how horrible this makes you feel I hope I never end up like that with my mom when I grow up.. Don't give up on her.. Send her birthday cards and Christmas cards and stuff like that whenever you can, let her know that you can't forget her..
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #37 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I'm sure it'll all be okay. <3 Fate is testing your strength, yes. But you can't let it win.
I feel so bad about your daughter... After seeing how horrible this makes you feel I hope I never end up like that with my mom when I grow up.. Don't give up on her.. Send her birthday cards and Christmas cards and stuff like that whenever you can, let her know that you can't forget her..
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you Olympia...I will always keep letting her know how much I love her. I hope you never have problems with your mom like this too. If you remember that she is human too, and makes mistakes, and that she loves you, even when she may not do everything "right", then you will always have a great relationship with her...hugs hon.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

I haven't felt like I've had the best relationship in the world with my mom but we've gotten closer since she had back surgery 2 years ago. 11 years ago we weren't getting along at all because she decided to get involved with a married man whose wife had Alzheimer's and was in the nursing home. I let her know how I felt about that and she was angry with me for a long time. He ended up dumping her after a few months, thank goodness but she blamed me. The guy was 10 years older than her and a jerk.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #39 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I haven't felt like I've had the best relationship in the world with my mom but we've gotten closer since she had back surgery 2 years ago. 11 years ago we weren't getting along at all because she decided to get involved with a married man whose wife had Alzheimer's and was in the nursing home. I let her know how I felt about that and she was angry with me for a long time. He ended up dumping her after a few months, thank goodness but she blamed me. The guy was 10 years older than her and a jerk.
You know DQ, I'm realizing that mother/child relationships can be the most difficult...Even with my own mom I was angry with her often, wanting her to be different than she was, treat me different than she did. Now that she is gone, and I'm going through the same kind of treatment from my own kids, I see how wrong we all can be when we start judging our parents by their mistakes. We somehow expect more of our parents, to set the example for us, but we forget that they are just human too. All of us screw up, and all of us deserve to make our mistakes, and be forgiven. I am just going to forgive, be kind, and love...no matter how I'm treated. (Not saying it's going to be easy lol). Hugs my new friend!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #40 
Bettanewbie60

Things are going okay. I'm praying and trusting, one day at a time. Situation is the same with my sis and my daughter, but I know it will be resolved in time. On a good note...Rob is going back to driving cab for while! I asked him yesterday if his cab license was still good, and today he called his old employer and asked if they had any openings...his old boss said, "For you? Of course, I'll have "L" put you on the schedule. Come in on Monday"! It's not going to be permanent, but it will be cash daily while Rob is waiting for another job. We are both greatly relieved. I am still waiting to hear on the ones I've applied for already. I need to call the manager in charge of animal care at Petsmart on Monday...not sure I should take that job lol. I'm also going to Harvey's on Monday to introduce myself to the manager. I've already applied online to work there, but I like face to face intros when looking for work. I can't believe I got another betta today lol. We barely had the money for the 2.5 tank I went to get for my Bella, but of course, I couldn't resist. Hubby just sighed when I called and asked if I could bring home another fish..."No" he said...the after my silence he said, "Have I ever told you "no"?? LOL...It's been a good day. Thanks Lord.