Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #1 
AltheaGlyndwr

All my babies~

So I haven't ever really posted and pics of my bettas on here. I mean one... of Sunshine sick... but well that was different. Here's my lovelies!

Sunshine~

Male, Half Moon Delta; Pineapple color. He thus far refuses to acknowledge himself in the mirror and as long as he is not in the 5 gallon tank with the nitrates (which I thought was already cycled and so was totally worried when he went freak out and kept bashing himself into the wall) he is relatively calm and just lazes about his 1 gallon holding bowl. His fins are almost completely grown back from his fiasco with the plastic plant though! yay! (He won't let me get a better photo of him right now)

Mystique~

Female, Crowntail; multicolor but mostly blue and teal with a black face and spine with some pink on her fins. She would not stop zooming back and forth across her tank all day so here is a pic of mostly just her colors. You can see that her belly is a bit bloated (supposedly with eggs) and for some reason has been almost silvery ever since I got her well over a week ago. Also, I notived that her gill covers are coral colored. Is that weird?

Flutter~

Male, Half Sun when flared his span is over 180 degrees :D; White with a couple reddish spots on his body with dark blue at the base of his fins that goes into a deep with and ends in white. I decided his name almost immediately after bringing him home. He just flutters around his tank. Thus his name. Also, I got him to flare today and he was BEAUTIFUL! He looked like he had a beard and I was finally able to see that his fin span was over 180 degrees even if it doesn't look it in the picture. Also, he has made me 3 huge bubble nests since bringing him home about a week ago.

What do you think of my babies? :D I love them tons~ Btw, does anyone know if Pineapple coloring is rare? I had never seen one before Sunshine but I always see red,blue,teal.
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #2 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
If Sunshine is like a lavender-ish body color with a pale yellow fin color, I have seen it recently at Walmart but I haven't seen it before on my almost-daily trips to Petsmart or Petco.

I thought it was a cool-looking betta though!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #3 
AltheaGlyndwr

He is Pineapple colored. That is when they have yellow/golden bodies that as the end or beginning of each scale there is a bit of black and then just have the yellow/gold as their fins :) Nver seen a lavender body before though~
Old 07-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #4 
fleetfish

Pinapple bettas aren't rare, nor are they common, at least where I'm from. That being said I did see three pineapples yesterday :)

Lovely bunch you have there!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #5 
AltheaGlyndwr

Thanks~ I just thought it unusual to see the pattern XD Because around here all I ever really see are crowntails that are red, blue, teal, or red and blue with some variation. And veiltails, which for some reason I just don't like their fins... at all o.O;; I do so love the half moon variety though.