Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #1 
Stonehenge

swim bladder issue

OK so me and my gf just purchased our 3rd betta, a little girl and today I noticed that she seems to have and issue descending in her tank. She can go down but it seems labored and she immediately floats to the surface.

2.5g tank not cycled temp is a steady 70-80 tank is not filtered. We have only had her about 3 days or so and have not done a water change.

She is very active and has a good appetite as well, I do not see any sighs of bloat on her either. And she is pooping normally.
Stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #2 
megaredize

I would still fast her for a couple of days and you can try the epsom salt treatment. not aquarium salt but just plain epsom salt. 1tsp for every 1 gallon. Ive also been told to pre soak all food that i feed to my bettas to prevent this. pellets and freezedried food. pre soaking makes sure the food wont expand in their stomach

oh and i would do a water change before the epsom salt treatment
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... Is there any current in the tank? I know there isn't a filter but is there an aerator or anything? And please don't presoak food. The nutrients leach out and your Betta doesn't get them.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote