Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #1 
misterBetta22

Smile Do YOU Love BETTAS?

Tell us how much you love bettas and how they affect your life in some special way!

BETTAS!
misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

well i have 13 X33

they are a joy to have, they even help me from getting severely depressed. before i had betta's was ..... bad i don't want to talk about it, but they changed me :) i used to be very violent, not anymore too
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I got my first one basically just to have a pet. I didn't know it would turn into a hobby and obsession. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #4 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I got my first one basically just to have a pet. I didn't know it would turn into a hobby and obsession. Lol
Same here

Just a few months ago someone posted a poll asking what your personal betta "limit" was. I wrote ONE.

Now I have 3 tanks, 2 males and 3 females, working on getting more females!!!

And now, God help me, I am thinking about becoming

a betta rescuer
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #5 
Laki

Ha it's hard to just label them as fish. I mean, they are, but they have such distinct personalities. My bf and I got our first betta together in May 2011 and now I have 2. Laki unfortunately passed away but my bettas now are just breathtaking. I'd like to say I rescued Ludendorff because he was one of the last of his shipment and moved aside for the new ones. His personality is just gleaming, he's truly a survivor (fin melt and some sickness nearly killed him). Bowser has also become more personable. They have filled a hole for me I thought could not be filled after the passing of my dog last year. They don't replace him but the water changes and feeding and playing take up some of the time I used to put into walking my dog and playing with him. I just love my fish. I will have bettas as long as I am able to take care of them.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #6 
lelei

Wow, where to start, my goodness, It's incredible how we get so attached to our lil fishy's they have something special in them, I have never seen in any other fish, they have a combination of a dog, with thier happiness and energetic personalities, and a cat at the same time, when they get angry and flare, I tend to see a cat with their back up, and all the fur standing on end..then you have those eyes, OMg..

I look into my fishy's eyes, and I see the soul of something so precious, and wonderful, I love my fishy's sooo much,, I spoil the heck out of both of them, and love em both equally, one being a rescue, and the other my daughter had picked out, which is how it all started, (With one) and I am soo hooked now, I cannot stop, and It's soo funny, I am getting my friends hooked too, haha..how can you not, when they are as special and beautiful as they are!!!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

It's so hard to explain... They for one, have so much personality. They flare at their food, jump for food, oh boy, mine will jump for anything. I already asked my parents for another one after a week of my 1st one... I always wanted a Betta. My parents wanted goldfish since they wanted a fish that could be in groups, I didn't agree. I always wanted more. Always will. :)

They follow fingers, try to bite gravel, sleep in barrels, act sick when they're not, BITE fingers, play tug of war, Haha they ALWAYS win. They're like puppies. Little companions. They poo, eat, sleep, but it's more than that. Bettas are one of the best fish out there. They're not 'Just fish'. Or a 'hobby'. Fish keeping is a hobby. But Bettas are our companions. Are right not, always will be. ^^
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote