Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 
Aahnay

Can he go in the tank while the heater heats it

The water is warm to my hand because it was out in the sun, I just set the 3 gallon up, only has 2 gal of water in it. The filter is too strong. I put the top of it closer to the water to lower the movement, but I think its still too much.

I added live plants from Mo, and some of the bulbs I started last week from walmart. I still have xmas moss to add, but not now.

I used the betta sand.

The heater is in also, and the directions to leave for 24 hours to heat up, then add fish. However, this fish doesnt have much water, and i have the air on in here. It will bee too cold.

Its active now, but I dont want him to freeze. Also, hes been at walmart for a week, at least. Should i feed him a little, or wait for ???

Thanks everyone
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #2 
lelei

I put my fishy in right away..Do you have a thermometer to watch for temp, and/or temp changes, how long has the heater been in there so far? as long as the temp is somewhre between 76-79 your good to go..also yes, start feeding him now..he needs to keep his energy up:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #3 
Aahnay

duh, havent looked at the temp... its at the little line above the green, so 82.. I floated him in there, and he dove toward the plants.

Hes not eating. I just have the mini pellets. Put two in. He doesnt like me at all o.O

Poor fish. It just occurred to me that i need another thermometer for the water change. Its odd, i never thought about how i would check its temp.

Also, I dont think this heater has a light on it. Heck oh dear.

I cant see him from here, that will have to change!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #4 
lelei

Spend as much time as possible lettin him get to know you..talk to him..and call his name a lot..bond with him..its a relationship yu will treasure:)
Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #5 
lelei

The light should maintain the temp..and will turn red once its set to the stable temp
..usually 78°what kind of heater do yu have?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #6 
Aahnay

He doesnt like me, lol. the heater is just tetro 2-15 gallon... what, to 15? hmm... It is self adjusting. I bought a better one, but its in a box, going to be sent back for a new one. It is adjustable.

The temp has dropped now to 80, and hes in the tank. I had to dump the cup water in the tank, and i didnt want to, but he wanted to stay in the cup, because he was afraid of my hand.

I have read how some like to live in smaller quarters? This guy wants the room. He tried his betta leaf too... cross wise, not lengthwise lol. They he ran down to flare at the thermometer for a while.

Therm didnt move a muscle, and he slowly got close, and went on.

He is not eating, all i have for him are pellets, i took the dried worms back, when I read they shouldnt have them. And still today, none in the freezer, only brine shrimp.

Should i get those for him? And im confused about what he should eat, as one says meat, worms etc, and the other only worms once a week.

Can i feed him chopped chicken breast?

The light? The heater doesnt have a light on it, i guess, i cant see one. Or perhaps its not on yet. His light from above is a little led, came with the aquarium. I also purchased the larger day/moon led light for the 10-20 gallon.

Ill put it on the 10, when i get it set up.

Last edited by Aahnay; 07-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #7 
Aahnay

If the water does drop too much, and i need to heat it? do i just pull some out and micro wave it and put it back in?

Shoot, i just realized.. I need to find a better place for him, i ran out of outlets there.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #8 
Aahnay

oh, Slink the uncle to the younger cats, was the first to find 'fish'. Very cute, he reaches out now and then to touch 'fish'.