Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #11 
Relic

I ordered some java moss from ebay..can't remember the sellers name but he was located in Tennessee. It was labeled as "puck size" for $7 and some change including shipping. It arrived in 2 days and it was in a tiny zip lock bag..I was disappointed until I opened it and after I fluffed it out it was much larger than "puck size". Over all good experience and I wouldn't hesitate to buy off ebay again...as long as it is sold and shipped in this country.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #12 
goldfishyman

I Bought some Marimo balls from ebay. They were really tiny. Your best bet is to go to petco or petsmart and buy one for 7.99 and break them up into smaller balls. It will come out cheaper than what I paid.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #13 
bettaluvinmom64

Yes I ordered from a american seller and got it very fast.I have ordered from overseas sellers it just takes longer to get the item
bettaluvinmom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #14 
Freyja
Banned

Is the shipping truly free?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #15 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Is the shipping truly free?
Shipping is never free its already added to your price. LOL
I lived in a place with no sales tax but the vendors had to pay GRT for anything sold. That expense was offset to the customers by adding to total cost so the vendor never had to pay it out of their profits. Free shipping is just a marketing catch phrase in most cases and definitely on Ebay.

BTW most Marimo Balls sold at petstores and ebay are fake, usually just string algae rolled into a ball.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #16 
SDragon

Yes I ordered some Eleodoa ( I think that is how you spell it ) and it arrived on time withno dead plants. I guess it just depends on who you buy from.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #17 
cataze

I ordered my Marimo balls from aquaticmagic on eBay. Customer service was fantastic, got my Marimos in a week (I'm in Canada), and they were in perfect condition!

I want to get some more plants (Java Fern, Wisteria, etc), and the stuff my LPS and LFS carry aren't great. But most of the online sellers that people recommend don't ship to Canada. :(
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #18 
fairy74

All of mine but one i have bought from ebay.
The ebay ones are doing great and the pet store bought one has died on me.
fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #19 
Laki

I second that aquaticmagic is a good seller. I'm in Eastern Canada and I got everything I ever ordered in good condition. My marimo moss is real, it's not string moss rolled into a ball! And none of them have died yet, they all split but that's to be expected in an aquarium with frequent handling.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote