Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G80oSZ--QU

Just to make you go awws :D
That was so incredibly sweet :) Aww, I love doggies
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #24 
lvandert

Me too. I miss my puppies. When I moved away for college they stayed with my parents but every time I come home its like this.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #25 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Me too. I miss my puppies. When I moved away for college they stayed with my parents but every time I come home its like this.
I'm moving to college soon and I'll miss my dogs! But I'll look forward to seeing them over breaks too!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #26 
toad

Oh, I can't even imagine what it would feel like to leave my dog. That must be heartbreaking :'( I've had my dog since I was 14, and he's seen me through some awful stuff. At my lowest points in life, he was the only thing I'd wake up for in the morning, and the only reason I didn't give up and die. I cry just thinking about the day I might have to put him to sleep.

I tried resending my email to the company responsible for the lava lamp fish tank, but it just comes back to me every time, stating that the company inbox is full.

On Friday, I am finally going to go to sign up for classes at the school I want to transfer to. It's just another community college, but it's much closer to my house than the one I went to before. Currently, I'm thinking of going for marketing/advertising, but I seem to change my mind so often, I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with that. Then, I am going to start redoing my whole house. I never painted or decorated much when I moved in, because I thought I'd be moving out fairly soon. Perhaps during the mini-remodel I will find more places for fish tanks :D

The girls were modeling for me this morning after I changed the water in their qt containers. They are so friendly and cute, I can hardly stand it. I've also been tracking the plants I ordered from Live Aquaria like some kind of cyber stalker. They're in Indiana right now ;)

Here are the girls, being cute:

Cali and her cute little spots.

Delilah, who likes to dance. The purple in her tail is what her whole body looks like but my camera doesn't seem to capture it.

toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #27 
lvandert

awws cutes! For your classes have you taken your "generals" yet? I would start there and then maybe take an into course for something your interested in. See if its really all you want it to be.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #28 
toad

I have, but I need a couple more (like public speaking, which I hate, and am very bad at!). I have taken all the regular things, like algebra, chem, bio, comp skills, english.

I'm hoping once I take an intro class for marketing, I will really know if I like it enough to continue. My last big idea was nursing, and once I got to the cat dissection part of A&P, I dropped it. Don't have a very strong stomach - wouldn't make a very good nurse lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #29 
lvandert

lol ug we have to take two courses of "public speaking" we just call it technical communications...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #30 
toad

I have come to the conclusion that I really need to re-aquascape my tanks. I have also, sadly, come to the conclusion that I need to start saving more money, and spending less money on plants and fish After all, I don't want to live in an apartment forever, and I have my dream house all planned out in my head - now I just have to scrimp and save and buy the thing.

One major detail of said dream house is a custom moon jelly tank, to be installed in the wall of my living room. In my head, it's round, 8 feet in diameter and filled with Jelly delights.

Meanwhile, in real life, I spent all weekend crying because my old rat, Bernadette has a tumor behind her left front leg. It appeared rather quickly and is quite big. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort whatsoever, thankfully. I am dreading having to put her to sleep I've only had her since the beginning of April, but I feel like I've had her forever.

Poor Cali is still living in a quarantine container. Granted, it's better than the cup she was living in when I got her, but it's small and boring. I ordered her a 5 gallon tank that I am planning to put next to my bed, on my night stand :) I also want to get her some shrimps to live with, so I have been researching those. I'm quite temped to try and make this fiver a natural planted tank, since I haven't done one yet... Delilah has moved into a 3 gallon Tetra Cube, which, I think, is pretty cute for $30. She's got stones and a resin mopani branch to swim through and hide behind, and for now she's got an ugly fake plant, since her's are on their way from Asia. But I think she's just excited to have more room to swim in.

My plants are having babies - I'm so excited about this! My moss ball, Seymour had a baby yesterday, and my java fern is growing babies like crazy! Hooray for free plants!

Went sailing last night for the first time in months - the lazy kind of sailing where you pay other people to do all the sailing and you just tag along for the ride. I prefer to be handling ropes and such, but any excuse to be on the ocean is a good one for me! However, the schooner we were on was having an off day, and the rudder jammed completely when we out in the bay. We had a lovely view of the sunset whilst waiting for a water taxi to come and pick us up.

Overall, it was a good weekend (aside from the crying!).