Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #31 
toad

Of Monsters and Men

I think this, along with Imagine Dragons, is my new favorite band :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=kgn8Eoh9aSY
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #32 
toad

Toad, the Trail-Blazer

I had today off work, so I spent it with Squish (otherwise known as Toad, the dog in my avatar picture). Because the weather was so nice, and I wanted to be outside, I got the bright idea to go hiking.

Off we went, to a little park called Old Furnace, which was beautiful, and Squish was having such a good time. He led the way, and we meandered along the trail, happy as clams. When we came to the end of the trail, and I could see the parking lot, I thought to myself, "Oh that was easy! What a great trail."

...Until I realized that I was in the WRONG parking lot, and had no idea where my car was. We had to walk down 3 roads, for what felt like 15 miles, to get back to the park we started in, because we ended up in a different one. A little warning sign might have been nice - just saying.

Even the getting lost part wouldn't have been so bad, except that I thought dear old Squish was going to pass out on me, and I was panicking trying to figure out how I was going to get 80 pounds of unconscious dog to a car that I couldn't even find.

Poor old boy is sound asleep at my feet now, and even though he didn't enjoy the walking along the roads part of the adventure, he loved the hiking. Next time, I will map out the trails before we get there!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #33 
jeremywadejunior

Your dog is adorable! He sounds like quite the trooper :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #34 
toad

Thank you He is a special little guy; I rescued him from some drug dealers when I was 14, and he was only 7 weeks old and smaller than a kitty. They had wrapped a chain around his little neck and left him outside when it was below freezing, with no shelter from 3am until I took him at 8 pm :'( So I sort of pilfered him right off their stoop, and they didn't even notice until the next day.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #35 
lvandert

awws what a happy boy now though! sometimes rescues are the best. And I know how you feel on the walking dogs that look like their going to pass out. Back at home (where my puppies are) there is a lake thats roughly 1.3 miles around. I walk the dogs when I go home around the lake. Their good until that last .3 mile lol. After that they are dragging their feet, drooping their heads and not even sniffing at other dogs that pass lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #36 
toad

It's so scary! It makes me wish he was smaller; at least then I could carry him easily! lol.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #37 
jeremywadejunior

Awh poor pup! Rescues are the best. Both of mine are rescued too. :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #38 
toad

Talking Mr. Skunky and Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Awh poor pup! Rescues are the best. Both of mine are rescued too. :)

That's wonderful :) They really are the best!

While I was sitting on my bedroom floor unpacking Cali's new 5 gallon (hooray!), I found Mr. Skunky looking through my sliding glass doors. Mr. Skunky is a wild skunk, but seems to think he is one of my cats. A couple nights ago, he walked up to my roommate and stood on her feet. Scared the bejesus out of the poor girl, but it made me laugh all night He's really the cutest, fluffiest thing - I wish I could hug him.

Just looked into my community tank, and noticed some very small versions of Mr. Snail crawling around... Perhaps Mr. Snail is a girl I haven't put anything new in the tank that would have had babies on it, so I can only imagine they came from her. I think I will take one of the babies and put it in the 5 gallon with Cali, and the cherries (once I find some cherries, that is...).

For a Monday, this was a good day; though, work was hideous and I stayed over an hour later than I was scheduled because I couldn't leave my coworkers in such a hellish state. But, on the bright side, I got the wonderful news that a friend and coworker who has been in the hospital is off of the ventilator they had her on - hopefully she will be discharged soon
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #39 
toad

Balloons and weeds

I've been wondering why I'm scratching my eyes out and sneezing all the time lately - and I just discovered a bunch of ragweed growing outside one of my bedroom windows. Of course, my dog had to crawl under it, so I'm sure he's covered in pollen now

Yesterday I took Toad to Petco to get some dog food, and ended up with 2 new balloon mollies, 3 platys, and an awesome piece of mopani for Cali's tank. Now I'm just waiting for my heaters to arrive so I can move her out of the QT container she's been in.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #40 
toad

I've just discovered a little batch of eggs in the community tank :D I hope they hatch!